⋆14⋆

Celine's pov

Celine's pov

After hearing the things Ken said last night, I thought about it. I tossed and turned in the bed for a long time thinking about it. Maybe, we should have told them about her. That was our fault, we can't blame them for the things he said.

His words made me think about the things I said to Silver. I felt awful. I was harsh to her. I thought about her. When I woke up in the morning, I felt sick. My guilt for the things I said to Silver weighed me down.

I usually give Silver the food before I even called Ken and Anna to come for breakfast. It was what I did at lunch and dinner time as well.

As a way to say sorry to her, I cooked her favorite food and took a decent amount for her. She must have enjoyed it because when I went to take the plate after breakfast, it was clean. She ate it all. For lunch also, I planned to make her favorite food.

When I saw Ken and Anna at the time of breakfast, my mind reminded me about Silver. They talked about their plan. I wanted to speak to them, but no words came to my mind. The only words that repeated in my mind were the ones I shouted at Silver. In the end, when I kept silent, Neal asked me whether I have anything to say to our children, I said "no". That was the only word I said.

At lunchtime also, I kept silent. My children were talking about the things they have done in the room and that they want our help to do the next part and everything. I felt like my lips were glued together. Whenever I think about speaking to them, I remembered me shouting at Silver. At last, Ken asked me whether everything is okay with me. I somehow answered his question without my voice failing me.

They both finished their food and cleared their plates and went to their room.

"Are you sure that you are okay with what they want you to do?" Neal asked.

I looked at him.

"Yes. I want to talk to her. I want to tell her that I'm sorry for the things I said to her. I think it's the best opportunity to do that."

He smiled and kissed me on the forehead.

"Don't worry about anything. She's a sweet girl, she will understand. Talk to her." He said and he left.

I started cleaning the table. Ken and Anna always washed their plates. They meant it as a way to help me. Their small acts like this made me happy.

I washed the dishes. When I was done, I made my way to the bedroom. I was exhausted, not physically, but mentally. For the past couple of hours, I blamed myself for the way I acted toward Silver. I didn't get any sleep at night. Everything made me weak. I wanted to take a nap. But, I can't do that. I need to help my children.