Nine

Today was the day my mom would meet her grandchild for the first time and I was very nervous for her reaction. She was coming over with my dad to my house and meet her here. I made sure my house was extra clean although it's always clean, I made sure to have some food ready in case they wanted to eat.

"Your ready too meet your grandma, Blue?", I asked her as I dressed her up.

She just smiled at me and began clapping, that was her new thing ever since Shawn and I taught her. I have been trying to show her sign language obviously she is still too young to pick it up, but it stimulates her mind. I heard a knock and headed to the door with Blue in my hands, my parents were waiting.

"Hey mom and dad come on in", I opened the door for them.

"Hey Bey hows spring break going?", my dad asked.

"It is good I finished almost all my work and my grades have went back to its usual, we should be keeping that straight A record all year", I said.

"Good job I am glad to hear that you're keeping up, but remember if you need a break and can't keep it up it is okay. Don't over work yourself baby girl."

"How are you doing momma? how was your trip?", I asked.

"It was good, I hadn't really been out of Texas un a while I am glad to have gone", she said.

"Very nice I am glad you enjoyed it, you have worked extremely hard for it.", I praised her a bit. It isn't a lie she built her business from the ground up and it is amazing how much she has accomplished the only thing was that she was neglectful at times.

"Thank you", she said.

"I don't want to wait too long to introduce her and she fall asleep but this here is Blue Ivy Knowles", I said extending her out.

"She is beautiful can I hold her?", my mom asked.

"Go ahead", I handed her over.

"Her features remind me of you when you were a baby, both of you were born not too tiny but not too big. She is gonna take a lot in you for sure", my mom commented.

"For sure Knowles-Beyinces genes are strong, are you guys hungry or want anything", I asked.

"No we are good don't worry", my dad said.

"So what you feeding her?", my mom asked.

"I breast feed for the most part I sometimes a bit of formula", I said.

"Nice how long you doing that for?"

"How ever long she wants to breastfeed I don't really care."

"Does she still sleep a lot?"

"Yes but it isn't as many naps instead it is all pretty collective hours."

We were talking for a while and I could tell my mom was over this whole thing. I didn't really care seeing it was her idea to meet Blue and she didn't want to interact too much. She was too busy trying to act like a better mother than me, it didn't bother me she has never once helped me raise her.

"So when are you planning to work with me again, all you need to do is lose like 20 pounds", my mom said.

"I actually want to focus on school for right now", I said, "I am still recovering and I don't want to force myself to lose weight, thanks for asking"

If looks could kill everyone in this room would half been dead a few seconds ago, when I opened my mouth. I knew she was about to go crazy on me over taking care of my daughter.