eight : i wanna be your king

"Would you like to be the school muse?"

/name/ choked on her soda, "What?"

Shinji remained unblinking, "It's for the upcoming IAAAA. Normally we would've held auditions for those willing to volunteer for the position, but we at the student council figured you would be the ideal candidate for it."

/name/ had a wide eyed expression, "That isn't a funny joke." She knew that the IAAAA stood for Seasoning City's Inter-scholastic Academic, Athletic, and Arts Association although she's never participated in it, being home-schooled most of her life. She would sometimes watch the week-long tournaments happening in the city, but would only stay for the parade. She especially liked the different floats showcasing the variety of traditions from every corner of the city. She never imagined she would get an offer to be the one riding that float. 'Just thinking about it makes me wanna faint.'

"Hey pres! Sorry we're late," A cheerful girl waved from across the hallway, running a hand through her dyed blonde hair which still looked natural despite her asian features. Next to her was a tall kid that was engrossed in the stack of papers in his hand. The two looked alike, but seemed to have opposite personalities.

"We stopped by a couple of usele-" she coughed, "-clubs," she peered at /name/, "Did she say yes yet?"

Shinji replied, "Not yet."

The girl smiled politely, "Hey there. I'm Yoona Lee, a student council representative for year 2," she gestured at the guy next to her, "And this is my brother Hoon Lee, he's the student body secretary."

"O-oh. I'm /name/-"

Yoona grinned, "We know. Nice to meet you /name/- or should I say, this year's IAAAA muse."

"Thanks but-"

She shoved her brother, "What are you doing? Say hello at least."

/name/ took a deep breath, slightly hurt from being ignored.

t e n p e r c e n t

The student body secretary sighed in irritation, not taking his eyes off the stack of papers, "Hello." To which his sister gave him another shove. He rolled his eyes and glanced at /name/, making eye contact as he held his hand out, "I'm looking forward to working together with you," he said blankly.

/name/ smiled weakly at him as she awkwardly shook his hand, not breaking eye contact, "Sorry but I don't think I'm right for the part."

"Oh don't say that, I'm sure you're perfect for it! Being the muse isn't all about how you look, your personality also plays a big part on how you'll do-" 

'Exactly my point,' /name/ bit the inside of her cheek.

 "Besides, you're very pretty! Don't you think so?" The blonde turned to her fellow student council members.

"Of course she is, that's why we chose her," Shinji forced a smile.

Hoon tuned out the conversation as he remained fixated on his hand which was still interlocked with /name/'s, shocked by the lingering sparks caused by the girl's touch. He looked at the girl once again, this time silently observing her with the color red spreading throughout his cheeks. 

Mon, who was watching everything, crushed the can of soda in his hand. He pulled their hands off each other, "Woah there buckaroo," the albino glared at Hoon with a smile.

Hoon gulped and looked away, "Yeah she's pretty."

-