fifteen : power is a poison

"Shigeo! A package is here for you!" Ms. Kageyama shouted from the doorway. She made small talk with the delivery man while waiting for her son to arrive.

"Coming!" Mob shouted, fumbling in his steps as he rushed down the stairs- still not fully dressed. He scrambled to count his money as fast as he can, then handed it to the delivery man. The boy didn't wait for another second to pass as he grabbed the package and ran off. 

His mom and the delivery man stared at the particles of dust where the boy used to be. "But I still need a signature," the delivery man muttered. 

Ms. Kageyama smiled in embarrassment from her son's actions, "He's just really excited, you know kids these days. Where do I sign?"

Shigeo Kageyama locked himself in his room, making sure that the door was properly closed so that his brother couldn't enter suddenly. He closed the curtains to avoid any nosy neighbors that might've been spying on him. When he was satisfied by the level of privacy, he placed the package in the middle of the room and began to open it with child-like excitement. 

"It's finally here!!" His eyes sparkled as he stared at the opened package in awe. "The /name/ pillow!!"

He took the throw pillow out of the package and embraced it as if he was hugging a real person. When he let go of the pillow, he gaped at the obviously photoshopped picture of /name/ smiling and winking at the camera.

"Onii-san? Are you in there?" The doorknob rattled, and making Mob flinch by the sound of his younger brother's voice. 

He immediately began to hide the package along with the pillow underneath his clothes where he was sure that no one would find it accidentally, "Yeah, just cleaning up. Give me a second."

"Okay.." Ritsu responded unsurely, suspicious of his brother's actions. "Are you hiding something? Is something wrong?"

The door opened, revealing an clearly shaken up Mob, "Nothing's wrong. I have to go now, see you later."

"Where are you going?" Ritsu questioned.

Mob racked his brain, trying to think of an excuse, "Master Reigen just called me for a job."

Ritsu held back an eyeroll from hearing the words "Master Reigen". 'Should I just tell Shigeo that he's working for a fraud?' "Be safe then," he forced out.

"Thanks."

Soon enough, Mob found himself at Spirits and Such Consultation Office on his day off. 

"Mob? What are you doing here?" Reigen called, "I don't remember getting any jobs today."

The boy shyly dropped his head, "Can I stay here for a while? I'll help out a bit.. I can't really go home yet.."

Reigen gave the boy a doubtful look before sighing as he leaned into his chair, "Sure, whatever. Just know you won't be getting any extra pay."

Mob happily nodded and began cleaning up the office. 

He began sweeping the floor of the office, occasionally glancing at Reigen like he was about to say something but then stopping himself before he says it.

Reigen noticed his odd behavior and called him out, "Alright, tell me. What's the matter?"

The boy decided to ask him about a problem that's been running on his mind lately, "Master, can I ask for your advice?"

"What is it?" Reigen answered half-heartedly, still engrossed in reading that one spam email he received about enlarging a specific body part. 

Mob hesitated, "These days I suddenly get the urge to hurt people with my powers. And sometimes I do, but I can't help it. I just feel so angry at some people. It's not like me."