thirteen : is that a religion?

"What the hell is this?" Ren squeezed into the group of boys' circle, pushing them away to make room.

/name/ sighed in relief, "Thank god you're here."

Hiro frowned, "Who's this? Your boyfriend?"

"No he's-"

"Her boyfriend." Ren finished, winking at /name/.

Hiro looked back and forth between /name/ and Ren, trying to decipher if it was a lie or not. 'Is he telling the truth?' he mouthed to her.

/name/ shrugged pathetically.

"Look what we have here. An impostor," Hiro stood up, sizing the other boy- which didn't have that much of an impact since they both had the same height and build. His friends stood behind him, trying to intimidate Ren. 

Any other boy would be extremely frightened, but Ren remained unfazed with his arms crossed, "Are we gonna have a problem here?"

All of a sudden, boys from /name/'s class surrounded Hiro and his friends, giving them equally intimidating stares.

Hiro glared at Ren, "Who the hell do you think you are?"

"I'm no one, really. But if I were you," Ren leaned forward, "I'd leave, before they get angry," he pointed at his classmates that oozed off a menacing vibe.

Hiro and his friends left the classroom, but not before sending all the boys their own glares.

Ren rolled his eyes at them, "Jerks."

"Tell me about it," /name/ agreed.

The boy sat in his seat next to /name/, "Why were they here anyway, were they bothering you?"

"You could say that," the girl looked away, still processing the fact that she has a fan club and that the boys from before were part of it.

"Sorry I'm late. If I knew they would gang up on you like that I would've stayed with you all break."

"Do you know them?"

Ren nodded, "They're in the star section of our grade. Pretty popular for being pranksters and bullies."

/name/ hummed, "That explains a lot."

"You shouldn't be alone, /name/. Honestly speaking, you're a prime target of jerks like them. Do you want me to eat with you?"

/name/ gave him a small smile, "Don't worry. I'm fine."

"But still.." he trailed off, "So what did they say- or do?"

"Well," /name/ started, "That Hiro guy asked me out."

"What?!" Ren yelled, causing people to stare at the two of them.

He whisper-shouted, "What did you say?! Please don't tell me you agreed."

"Of course I didn't!" /name/ whisper-shouted back, "He was creepy as hell!"

They both snickered, "What did he do?"

"He had these pictures of me on his phone, and he was even wearing a shirt with us in it and it looked like we were dating!" /name/ made a disgusted face at the memory of the shirt.

"Did he tell you anything else?"

"Yeah. Something about a club." /name/ looked at Ren, "Do you know anything about that?"

"You mean you didn't know you have a fanclub?"

/name/ shook her head, "No!"

Ren laughed, "Then you probably have no clue about the survey either."