fourteen : power is thicker than blood and water

"What are you girls doing here?" Julia asked as she typed away on her computer, only sparing her visitors a single glance.

Yoona smiled politely, "We're here to see Principal Sato."

Julia eyed the blond, along with the rest of the girls behind her who had determined look on their faces. She recognized a few of the girls as the ones ranked the highest from the survey. "I presume this is about the pageant? I see you girls were chosen to compete." 

"Yes, we're here to stop the pageant. The survey itself was degrading enough for us, and now the school is making money off it? Ms. Julia, you of all people should know what a horrible idea this pageant is." 

/name/'s eyes sparkled as she looked at her older friend in awe. 

Julia raised her eyebrows at the girl, then heaved a tired sigh, "I'm afraid there's nothing I can do, girls. It's not just Principal Sato, even if you did manage to get him to try stopping the event- which he will never do, he won't be able to do anything against the school board's wishes."

"But he's the principal!"

"And he doesn't pay for this school. The director does."

The girls' determined faces turned gloomy. Yoona sighed, "I'm sorry guys." She turned to /name/, who was slumped in the corner of the room, and let out a soft 'aw' from her friend's cuteness, "Look on the bright side, this could be good practice for the IAAAA pageant."

/name/ buried her face in her arms, "I'm not ready yet! All those people- just thinking about it makes me want to faint."

Yoona chuckled, "You gotta get used to it somehow. The IAAAA is gonna have at least five times as more people- and that's not something you want to rush into."

"But still.." /name/ muttered.

The blond hummed, "On a more positive note, they made the theme be about friendship and camaraderie between students! At least the school board did something right."

-

"Can't you do ANYTHING right?!" Hoon yelled at his younger friend, who was supposed to take a picture of him wearing a tuxedo but ended up breaking his phone instead.

The two took a day off from school and went shopping for clothes to wear at the pageant. They were selected because they were part of the ten that had the highest number of votes. 

"Oops," Mon squinted at the small crack where his finger used to be, "My bad."

Hoon hissed at the white-haired boy as he mourned the loss of his scratch-less phone, "I saved up for 2 whole months to buy this phone!"

"It's only a small crack," Mon rolled his eyes, not taking his friend seriously and instead taking a sip from his soda.

Hoon was seething, "Only a small crack?!?"

"I didn't even press that hard," Mon cackled, "Maybe the screen broke on it's own from your ugliness in the picture." He stopped laughing when he saw his friend giving him a death glare. "Relax, I'll get you a new one."

Hoon pressed the soda can in Mon's hands, squeezing it as the juice spilled out to Mon's face and clothes, "There. Your face was missing something."

"What the hell?"

"Relax, I'll get you a new one," Hoon mocked, "And you are going to buy me a new phone right now or I swear to god you will be out of the /full-name/ fan club FOREVER."

-

/name/ was never more scared in her life than she is right now. With their failed attempt at stopping the pageant and the date of her impending humiliation closing in day by day, she decided to take matters into her own hands.