four : mother of mine

,draft,

A woman in her fifties walked towards the group of kids silently, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion. Her daughter, who looked like she just got beaten up, was in the arms of a strange boy, crying. The woman wore a brightly colored fur coat over an elegant black dress, and carried around a Gucci bag. If it weren't for the white hairs showing on her hair from aging, you wouldn't be able to differentiate her from a young woman in her late 20s or early 30s. Her mere presence was enough to send the group of girls running the opposite direction, and /name/ to harshly put a 2 meter distance between her and the strange boy.

She wasn't a spirit but her aura was so strong and intimidating that Mon was actually trembling. Out of all the ghosts, demons, and monsters he's faced in the world, the only entity he's actually been genuinely frightened by was /name/'s mother, Anastasia.

"Mon? What are doing here? Did you do that to her?"

Mon twitched, "No ma'am, she called me for help but when I got here she was already like this." He cringed at what he said, 'What am I, her bodyguard? Nice work Mon, now Anastasia probably thinks I'm /name/'s creepy stalker. She won't be wrong, but I'd rather that not happen.'

Anastasia smiled, "In that case, thank you for your efforts." Although she knew the boy was scared of her, she was actually quite fond of him. When she sent /name/ to Pepper Middle School, she didn't expect the girl to be so bad at making friends. If it wasn't for Mon, going to that school would've been no different from homeschooling as /name/ didn't talk to anyone aside from Mon- or better said, no one talked to /name/ aside from Mon. Little did she know that the reason for that being, was the boy himself.

Meanwhile, another boy was watching from far. His eyes were scanning the scene, studying the situation.

"Isn't that /name/?" He asked himself, recognizing the girl. He looked at the woman in front of her, who was scolding her for getting into fights. 'That's probably her mother,' he thought.

'/name/ got into a fight?' He thought anxiously.

T E N P E R C E N T
His eyes widened when he saw her torn up uniform and bloody nose. He wanted to intervene and ask her if she was okay. He wanted to find whoever did that to her and get back at them tenfold. He clenched his fists and forced himself get himself together.

"Well I better go now since you're here for her, ma'am. It was nice seeing you /name/, you too Ms. Anastasia," Mon cheered, and walked away.

Mob's eyes narrowed at him, 'Who's that? Her brother? They don't look alike though. I have a bad feeling about him.'

'"Ms. /lastname/? Principal Sato is waiting for you," a teacher called out.

Anastasia brushed /name/'s hair softly, "Oh dear, what happened to you. We'll talk about this later." She turned back to the teacher, "We're on our way."

-

"Found you," Mon smirked.

Before him were the girls from earlier, looking awfully bored and quite irritated from the previous scene. They didn't see the boy glaring at them from afar, plotting their demise. 'They say the best payback is you success, well my success is your pain,' he grinned.

"I thought I told you girls to stay in the principal's office," a teacher scolded, making the girls roll their eyes and groan. "Go back there this instant!"

Mon frowned, "I guess not then."

-

"What is this about that you had to call me? I'm a very busy woman, Merlin," Anastasia complained to the principal.

His office almost looked like it was hosting a parent-teacher conference from how much people were there. The room had a large conference table in the middle of it, with the irritated girls and their nervous parents sitting at the sides. At one end of the table was the principal, and at the other end was Anastasia, who sat down almost as if that chair- or that entire room was of her possession. Everyone's attention was on her, or her daughter who was in a small chair in the corner of the room, just hoping that she could go home as soon as possible. /name/ felt the girls glaring at her but pretended not to notice.

t w e n t y p e r c e n t

"We are all gathered here today to talk about a bullying incident that has been reported. This school does not tolerate any sort of violence, and will give the proper punishment to those students involved in the matter."

Anastasia rolled her eyes, "Obviously, my daughter has been bullied by these girls," she gestured to /name/, "And as the parent of the victim, I do not wish to press any charges on the school- on the condition that these girls be given proper punishment, but if you insist on keeping us here any longer, I will make this a bigger issue than it needs to be. Do you understand?"

There was a long silence in the room. Merlin felt a bead of sweat run down his forehead, "Y-yes, of course, ma'am. You may go. I'll make sure these students no longer cause any trouble."

/name/ followed after her mother and the door to the room slammed shut. The silence ensued.

-
mamamia