sixteen : cat and mouse chase

/name/ felt her head throbbing as she fled from the riotous scene that was in the school gym, losing a glass shoe while dashing away.

"Damn large shoes," she stressed, only now regretting the decision to steal from her mother's wardrobe without thinking it through. She halted right as she stepped foot outside the school grounds to remove the other shoe that was making running troublesome as a result of the imbalance.

The young lady continued to flee yet was welcomed by floods of queasiness, and unhelpful butterflies in her stomach. She had an inclination that she was either going to hurl, drop, or both. In any case, fleeing was barely the right answer..

s e v e n t y f o u r p e r c e n t

"/name/!" Was the last thing the helpless girl heard before her vision started to fade as she fell unconscious and blacked out.

-

"Where am I?" The girl croaked, awakening to the sight of white walls and a white ceiling. Everything was so quiet to the point that the only sound she could hear was the ringing of her own ears. "Am I dead?"

She shook her head and forced herself to sit upright, cringing at the prickling sensation her gown's fabric was giving her. Looking up, she found herself gazing at her own reflection as she slowly made her way towards a large mirror.

"I look.. different," she muttered, touching her face delicately. "Yoona did a really great job with my hair and makeup."

"Oh c'mon, /name/!" Yoona giggled, "Tonight, you're Cinderella, and I will be the fairy god mother that transforms you into a real princess!"

/name/ sighed, "I feel so bad for running away like that. Now all her effort was for nothing."

Yoona grinned, "My work is finished. You are now officially a real life Cinderella."

/name/ blushed, "Really? Can I see?"

"Uh-uh, we have to teach you how to walk the walk first. Self-oggling can be done later."

/name/ smiled sadly at the memory, "If I really am Cinderella, why the hell did my carriage turn back into a pumpkin so soon. I haven't even met my prince yet,"

Mob used his powers to catch her fall right away before her head hit the ground. "/name/! Wake up!" he held the girl in his arms and shook her gently.

/name/ gasped, "Mob was there! I remember.. he helped me," she looked around but saw no sign of anyone else in the clinic.

'Where is he?' /name/ thought, stepping outside in search for the boy.

"Hey guys! Isn't that /name/?" A boisterous voice yelled from across the corridor.

/name/ freezed in her tracks, recognizing the voice as one of the voices that would often torment her with endless insults every time she would be unlucky enough to pass by. She never knew what she did wrong to them, yet they never ceased making her life harder than it already is.

'I'll just ignore them until they leave me alone,' she regained her composure and strutted off in the opposite direction.

"Holy shit, you're right!" A second voice exclaimed. "Tom, we found her!"

/name/ pretended not to notice their presence and continued to walk away at a faster pace.

"Great job Jerry," Tom praised, "We're lucky she left the pageant. It made our job so much easier."