Chapter Four

Emi's POV:

I looked at my bento that I had made, slowly eating it.

"Thank you for the bento, Ms. Takayama. It's delicious!" Shiemi grinned as she ate her food.

"No problem." I said before looking over to the Indian girl sitting next to me. "Nyx, remember you're cooking tomorrow." She waved her chopsticks.

"I know." She chuckled. I looked down at my food, poking at it anxiously when Nyx noticed. "Emi." I looked up as the girl sighed. "For the last time, no one thinks of you differently. Relax." She put down her food and stood up. "I gotta go to the bathroom. Shiemi, make sure she stops worrying."

"She's right, Ms. Takayama. If anything, we're all quite thankful that you saved Mr. Shima's life." Shiemi said with determination. I smiled at her. She was always so kind.

"See, even blondie agrees. Be right back. Bathroom break." She jogged towards the building.

"Bye... Thank you, Shiemi, and please you don't have to call me that. We're friends." Shiemi grinned. I chuckled at her as we continued to eat until when I heard some yelling in the distance. I turned to see Yukio being bombarded by schoolgirls. Or rather, horny schoolgirls. I recognized them. They were in my advanced class with Yukio. After some contemplation I went to go rescue him. I could hear what they were saying now. They were practically drooling over him.

Why am I getting irritated about some schoolgirls flirting with him?

"Hey Yukio!" I yelled. Yukio quickly turned to me in relief. "C'mon! I uh... You forgot your textbook yesterday. I brought it for you." Yukio looked at me in admiration. I held back my laughter at the face he made. He looked like a puppy who had gotten his first treat.

"Oh, well. Thank you, ladies, but I-uh as you can see..." At this point Rin was watching as well, and dragged him back to where I was. As we walked back to where I was eating, Yukio thanked me profusely. I just laughed it off. Once we sat down, Nyx returned, her voice sounding a little scratchy and raw. She and Shiemi went to their next class. I noticed neither of the boys had any lunch.

"Don't you guys have lunch?" They both groaned and hunched over.

Nyx's POV:

"So, why are we shopping with Mr. Stickler and his twin?" I asked.

"We need groceries too, besides you cook lunch most of the time, so you need to pick the groceries." Emi replied. We all entered the grocery store with bags in hand.

"Ugh. I hate shopping." I complained. Emi chuckled a bit.

"Yeah well you love cooking, it should trump the shopping aspect." I didn't respond. My throat felt raw, and my stomach grumbled a little. We finally caught up to the twins.

"So, Yukio can cook then?" I asked.

"Actually, Rin is the chef." Yukio explained

"Yeah, Pengu can't cook for shit." Emi snorted. Rin laughed as Yukio sighed.

"I like her." He pointed at Emi, leaning his elbow against her shoulder as she smiled proudly.

"Lovely, you two will get along just fine." Yukio joked. I tugged at my sleeves, wanting to get the shopping over with.

"C'mon, Emi. Let's not wait for the grass to grow." I grumbled.

"You're like a child sometimes." She teased. I smack her lightly.

"Watch it." She laughed while Rin snickered. I felt slightly better, seeing the boy grin. I shook my head and left Emi behind with her boyfriend.

Shopping is so much effort.