Chapter Eighteen

Nyx's POV:

"Looks like I survived the first semester." Rin yawned, lacing his fingers behind his head as we walked out of the building. I snorted.

"Barely." He stuck out his tongue. "By the way, I never asked. How did Shiemi react to you being an exorcist and all that." I had explained the basics of everything to Rin a little after. He was a little confused at first, but we've managed so far.

"She didn't really question it. She just said she wouldn't tell anyone and went on her merry way." Rin simply nodded. I looked up and saw he seemed sad. "What's wrong?"

"Now that your secrets out, are you gonna leave?" I shook my head.

"You and Shiemi are the only students who know. As far as I know, I'm still an ExWire." I winked at the boy as his smile returned to his face.

"Okumura! Lumine!" We turned around to see Bon, Shima, and Konekomaru.

"Hey, Konekomaru." Rin replied.

"I guess the academy's regular students are heading home for the summer break." He noted.

"You guys are all from Kyoto right?" Rin asked. "Man, that place sounds so cool!" I raised an eyebrow, shrugging at the puzzled students.

"What do you mean 'cool?' It's just like any other town." Bon questioned.

"Heck, we don't even know if we get to go home yet." The pinkette then looked to me. "Lumine, you're from Tenri, right?" I nodded my head.

"I'm from America, but I lived in Tenri for most of my life."

"Where is that again?" Koneko asked.

"It's in the Nara Prefecture."

"Isn't Ms. Takayama from Tenri?" Suguro asked. Shima nodded.

"Yeah, she is." Shima then looked over, and parted his mouth. I followed his gaze to see Paku and Izumo talking, waiting by a car. Paku was wheeling a small suitcase.

"I know you're super busy, but if you get the time you should come home." I heard her say as we walked over.

"If I feel like it, yeah." Izumo agreed.

"You're heading home for the break too, huh? Man, it's gonna be lonely here." Shima said.

"See you guys next semester," Paku assured.

"Have a good break." Rin wished her. Shima leaned closer to Rin.

"If you ever get the urge to hear my voice again, you can call me day or night." The pinkette flirted with Noriko, holding a piece of paper with a number written on it.

"You're such a moron!" Izumo scolded. Paku giggled.

"You're funny." I glanced at her.

"Don't give the poor boy false hope now." I warned jokingly. She nodded, waving before stepping into the car.

"I'm sure you're all excited about summer vacation." I looked at the bright red bus in front of us. "Well, you'll have to hold that thought because for the next three days, you lucky ExWires will participate in a field drill at the academy's training camp in the forest." Emi explained, grinning when she said forest.

They likes torturing us, don't they? Look at that smile.

"Of course, Ms. Takayama and I will be coming along and so will Ms. Kirigakure."

"Yahoo." She waved. He then looked at Emi, giving her a nod.

"Now the purpose of this drill is to determine whether you are ready or not to go on missions." Emi continued.