Chapter Twenty-One

Nyx's POV:

The room continued to tremble as exorcists of all kinds prepared to fight. Goblins flew out of the smoke, growling and snarling. There was consistent shooting, the demons disintegrating rapidly.

"I can smell him. The scent of Rin Okumura!" Amaimon spoke. The exorcists began to shoot again, but the bullets ricocheted off the demon's large green hairy arms. "Ah, he's over there." His smile disappeared. Shura and I came to a halt, seeing Arthur stand before the large demon.

"For your safety, stay back, ladies."

"Agh! Shut up, you hippy!" I yelled. He wiped a finger along the hilt of his sword.

"Caliban, lend me your power." He spoke quickly, throwing the weapon into the air before catching it, then attacking the demon. Shura bit her thumb, running the bloodied finger along the side of her blade.

"Kirigakure Sword Technique: Snake Belly Form! Snake Fang!" She yelled. The large demon Amaimon was riding disintegrated. Amaimon looked upset.

"How dare you... you killed my BEHEMOTH!" He roared. Debris began to float. Arthur looked at me.

"Well then, Nyx. Any plans to stop him?" I scoffed.

"What happened to the 'stand back, ladies'?" I looked up to the King of Earth, frowning. Koko ran to my side as I tried to think. "You're the King of Beasts, aren't you?" I muttered to the Byakko. The demon meowed in response. "Then let's see how the King of Earth does against you." The tiger grew in size, still barely above the size of a large wild cat. Amaimon looked angry. "Wait." I muttered, thinking. "AMAIMON!" I yelled. He wasn't listening. "It's no use, we can't reach him like this-AH!" The demon threw us into the courtroom, leaving us on the floor. I looked up, to see him inside a large stone human. He laughed hysterically, looking at Rin.

"I found you!" He reached for the son of Satan, when his hand was met with a blue force. He yelled in anger, cracking the ground. Rin's case fell to the ground, shattering. Mephisto waved his arms gracefully.

"No pressure but the polls will be closing soon! Time to cast your votes! Yay, or nay?"

"You fiend!" Arthur yelled, grabbing his arm. "You came knowing full well this would happen, didn't you? This was all a ploy. You knew Satan's spawn would attract another demon!" Mephisto placed a hand on his hip.

"I'm sure I don't know what you mean. Instead of over-analyzing the situation shouldn't you be protecting the Grigori, not point your little finger at me?" He waved his gloved index while grinning.

"I've come to settle things, Rin Okumura!" Amaimon said while squishing Rin in his giant hand.

"Rin!" I yelled, trying to stand on my feet, but failing to do so. I looked up at the King of Earth, groaning. My head was buzzing when suddenly, the hand broke apart, dropping Rin.

"Sniper." I muttered. "Thank God for those."

"You little pest!" The demon king yelled, sending a giant rock demon on top of the area the sniper was standing. He then turned to face the Grigori. "Stick around. After this, I'll come and kill each one of you too!"

"Enough Sir Pheles. I don't care what methods you employ. Exterminate that demon at once!" He bowed again.

"Your wish is my command." He snapped.

"OKUMURA!" I recognized the voice and looked up at the balcony. I raised my brows. It was Bon. He was holding the Koma Sword. "-You gonna sleep all day?! Wake the hell up!" Arthur gasped.