Chapter Ten

Nyx's POV:

"It's so hot!" Rin complained, slouching as he walked. The summer heat was getting to us, the sun beading down on us. Small droplets of sweat ran down the boy's face as he adjusted his hair clip.

"I don't mind it." He scrunched up his face, looking at me.

"Liar." I smiled.

"Oh, no. I've been caught." I replied sarcastically. Rin pulled out an ice pop, ripping the plastic open. He took a huge bite, causing me to widen my eyes. "How... how the fuck did you just bite that?" I asked.

"I have strong teeth. Want some?" He asked. I needed to cool down, and leaned towards it, opening my mouth. He brought closer, allowing me to carefully break off a piece. My tooth ached.

"Ah, cold, but yummy." We continued down the road, finally reaching the boys' dormitory. He opened the door, holding it for me. We climbed up the stairs and opened the bedroom door. In front of us was Emi and Yukio, heads close together, reading a sheet of paper.

"Oh, are we interrupting something?" Rin asked cheekily. The two looked up.

"Finally, what were you two doing?" Yukio asked. The elder brother opened his mouth, but Yukio held up a hand. "On second thought, I have a feeling I don't want to know." Emi laughed.

"We weren't doing anything like that!" Rin responded.

"Aw, you guys are so cute." Emi giggled, looking at the red-faced Rin and I.

"Well what about you, hmm? Yukio seemed just fine all cuddled up next to you." I teased in return.

"Yeah, you're right. What were you guys doing so close anyway?" Rin asked. The two moved away from each other.

"It's not like that! We were studying. That's not important. Anyway, did you get the mineral water we asked for." Rin froze.

"Uh, well, you see..." Yukio sighed, and I smacked the back of Rin's head.

"I told you they asked for that!"

"Hey! Did you really have to slap me?"

"Aw, you know you like me." I countered. He grumbled, then took my waist.

"I can't argue with that."

"Jeez. Get a room. Wait, don't. I want to be able to sleep tonight." Emi spoke. Rin stuck his tongue out while I blushed.

"Look at you two! You can't even keep your hands off each other." I pointed out how Emi's hand was on top of Yukio's. She quickly moved it away, and I rolled my eyes.

"We seem to be ignoring the fact we have no water, ehem, Rin." He frowned.

"Why am I the only one getting blamed?" He complained.

"Because you look so guilty," I answered. He glared at me playfully.

"Well, we got these!" He rummaged through the bag, holding up an ice pop.

"So you thought getting ice pops was more important than getting water? No thank you. I'll go get some myself." Yukio sat up from his seat, but Emi pushed him down.

"Guys, it's fine. Nyx and I will just go get some." Emi said as she dragged me back from my seat. I groaned but complied, following the Japanese girl out the door. I followed her, noticing something seemed off.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked, trying to get her attention.

"I'm... calm? I don't know, I just feel relaxed, like this weight has been lifted." I sighed in relief. I wasn't entirely sure how she felt, but I knew it was good.