Chapter Nineteen

Nyx's POV:

"Okumura!" Bon bellowed. The boy seemed unable to get out of the demon's grasp.

"Rin!" I yelled.

"Don't worry about me. I'll catch up with you after I kick its ass!" He shouted. I realized what he was planning to do. He needed us gone so he could use his flames without the fear of being seen. "Everything's cool. Just go!" He said grinning. Bon growled.

"That son of a-you're always doing that!" Rin laughed nervously.

"My bad." He responded.

"You dumb ass! I'm gonna help you, like it or not!" He yelled. Rin looked down surprised. "Shima! Give me your K'rik!" He demanded, beads in his hand.

"Here you go. Just be careful with it, okay?" He threw the staff to Suguro.

"Everyone else, get ready to run!" Bon warned. He picked up the seal, moving quickly towards the demon. He threw it into the air, using the K'rik as a javelin to nail it onto the demon. Yellow lightning crackled as the seal made impact on the head of the creature. Bon began chanting. Fire came down, being directed by the K'rik straight to the demon's head, causing the creature to roar. It let go of Rin as the boy fell. "Come K'rik!" Bon yelled, once again holding the staff. Rin shook off the bugs on him.

"Whoa, dude, Awesome!" Rin said in awe. Bon kneeled, offering a hand.

"C'mon, hurry up!" He yelled. He hauled the son of Satan up. "That's all I can do so get moving!" He yelled. Rin looked confused.

"Huh?"

"RUN!" Suguro screamed, as the demon moved towards us. Rin started pulling the cart, the others behind it.

"WHAT HAPPENED?! I THOUGHT YOU KILLED IT!" He screamed.

The boys panted heavily, gasping for breath.

"I think it stopped chasing us!" Koneko declared, speaking between breaths.

"Thank god." Shima groaned. Rin stood up straight.

"Hey, Suguro. Thanks a lot man." He was smiling at Bon.

"I was just paying you back is all," Bon panted. Rin raised an eyebrow.

"For what?" He asked.

"I did it because you saved my life once before. I did it because you want the same thing I do, to defeat Satan." I clicked. I remember Rin saving the rooster from the Reaper during gym class. I smiled. "And because you had the guts to say it in front of everyone." RIn grinned nervously.

"Yeah. Well, a moron like me doesn't really think before saying stuff like that." I grinned, shaking my head, leaning against Shiemi.

"I don't think you're moron." Bon admitted reluctantly. Rin faced the boy. "But still, you're being stupid if you think you can take on everything by yourself! You've got friends, don't forget that!" I glanced at Rin.

"He said he never had friends." I whispered, smiling. "Well, he does."

"What was that Ms. Lumine?" Sheimi asked. I shook my head.

"Nothing."

"You go, Bon. Couldn't have said it better myself!" Shima agreed. Rin faced the others.

"If you're gonna take Satan on, you're definitely going to need some help." Koneko continued.

"I'm a wimp, but I got your back! Of course, if there are bugs involved won't do you much good." Shima scratched the back of his head.

"You guys are..." He trailed off.