Chapter Twenty-Five

Rin's POV:

"Rin, there's a napkin for a reason." I looked up and saw Nyx giving me a tired look.

"What?" I asked, food in my mouth. She rested her head on the table, smiling.

"Nevermind." Emi shook her head, chuckling. Nyx jumped up, Yukio's phone buzzing as it laid on the table. He stared at it, thinking.

"Are you gonna answer it or...?" Nyx asked. He shut it off, smiling.

"Nope. This is us spending the few moments of time we have being normal teenagers. Why ruin it? Today is my day off after all." I nodded, scarfing down my food.

"Hey! If you keep eating like that you're gonna-" Nyx was cut off by my furious coughing. "-choke. Dumbass." She muttered, trying not to grin. I reached for a glass of water, downing it. "My God, how in the hell do you do it?" I shrugged, before resuming my eating.

"You know, we should go into town tomorrow again." I said. "We could watch a movie, double date kinda thing." Emi looked to Yukio, who nodded.

"That could be fun." I heard another phone go off, and watched Emi pull it out of her pocket.

"One sec, I need to take this. Too bad it's not my day off." She apologized, kissing her boyfriend's cheek before walking outside. I glanced at Yukio.

"So, how's the sex?" He furrowed his brow, looking at me annoyed. Nyx smacked her forehead.

"Really, Rin?" Yukio muttered.

"She's not here, so you can tell us all about it!" I guffawed. Yukio took a sip of his water.

"It's great." He muttered quietly against his glass. Nyx scoffed as I coughed up some food. Before either of us could say anything, Emi came running back.

"It's your monastery, Yukio." I looked at Emi, then Yukio. "It's been attacked!" My eyes widened in shock.

We ran out of the restaurant, reaching the road fairly quickly. I could feel panic begin to rise as we neared the monastery.

What could've happened?! Who would attack the monastery?!

As we got closer, I saw flashing red lights and exorcists all around the monastery. We reached the gate, and an exorcist escorted us inside. The doors opened, gasping at the sight. What appeared to be giant webs covered the hall.

"What the hell happened?" I asked. Nyx gasped.

"Rin..." That's when I noticed them, the bodies. We ran to where a group of exorcists crowded. They all had tablets, tools, wearing masks and goggles. I stood in shock at what I saw.

"Kyodo...Nagatomo!" Yukio gasped.

"Maruta... Izumi!" Their bodies were covered in strange webbing. We tried to get closer, but we were stopped by another exorcist.

"They're still alive. I'll explain later, but for now, stay back."

"Damn. What the hell." I muttered.

"Look at that." Yukio said, pointing to a written message on the wall. Emi then stepped forwardwalking over a few webs, walking towards the wall.

"Emi, wait." Nyx said, trying to stop the girl. Emi looked at the message that appeared to be in a foreign language. She then gasped, covering her mouth with her hand.

"I-It's in Polish... 'I won't forgive anyone related to Satan.'" Emi said. Yukio and Nyx looked towards me.

"You know who that means, don't you?" Yukio asked. I looked back at him, realizing what he meant.