Chapter Twenty-Two

Emi's POV:

I sat in the training room with Shura. We were watching Rin as he continued to fail at his candle training.

"Wait, so you're telling me that you and the Four-Eyed Chicken haven't done it yet?!" I covered her mouth quickly in an attempt to not have the whole school hear her.

"Shh! You don't have to say it so loudly!" I said frantically.

"It's true. Nyx and I tease them about it all the time." Rin chimed in. I gave him a glare.

"Shouldn't you be focusing on your exercises." I said firmly, causing the boy to shuffle back to his candles. "No, Yukio and I haven't been... intimate before. We're taking things slow."

"Take things slow my ass! You guys already said you love each other anyway." I looked down in a guilty manner. "You did, right?"

"Well, we did, but both times it was under tense circumstances."

"Better than me and Nyx, she still hasn't said it, but I don't mind."

"Nobody asked, Rin. Keep practicing!" Shura turned to face me, sighing in shame. "I spent years training you, and you still have no game. I'm such a failure." She teased. I rolled my eyes. "Are you even ready to have sex? After... you know..." I nodded my head.

"To be honest, I don't know. I mean, because I was so young, my brain did a good job of locking all those memories away, but there's still a part of me that does remember. I guess, I'm scared that if I do have... sex again, it'll all come back. And there's a bit of pressure because I'd be his first time."

"WHAT?!" Rin and Shura said in unison, startling me.

"Jesus, you scared the shit out of me. What was that for?!"

"The Four-Eyed Chicken's a virgin?! Mr. Cool And Mysterious has never gotten any?!" Shura said laughing hysterically. I shook my head.

"Oh my god. My little brother's a virgin... I've failed him." Rin said, trying to fake cry to cover up his laughter. I then heard the door open behind me, revealing Nyx in her exorcist coat.

"Hey, guys-woah. Why is Rin crying?" Shura and Rin told the girl, and soon enough, she was laughing too.

"He's always so serious! He must be horny as fuck!" She said while cackling.

"Yeah, and I'm sure that underwear incident didn't help!" Shura said, wiping a few tears.

"Uh... actually..." The three then stopped laughing and faced their attention on me. "I don't know. I guess he did see my..." I pointed to my chest and the others started laughing again. "Are you guys done yet?"

"Yeah. We're done." Nyx said as the laughter died down. I looked at my best friend. Her tail and ears were out, and I could tell that because of this, she had a lot more energy. Ever since the hearing, Nyx has told me more about why she left and why she came back, but not entirely, so I was still confused. Although I knew more about her, I still didn't know what she was doing as of now.

"Nyx, how's your job going? Did you look into that guy from the Vatican who was spying on us." Nyx nodded her head, looking more serious.

"They are definitely keeping tabs on you and Mephisto. However, they are leaving me alone." I looked at her confused.

"Why?" She shrugged.

"The U.S.A Branch may not have as much influence over the Sages, but we do have... Arthur." She spat his name. "Having the Paladin as a part of your branch has its perks. To be honest, even Arthur is suspicious of-" She stopped. "But yeah."