Chapter Seventeen

Yukio's POV:

I froze in shock as Shura stood before us. After all these years, she hadn't changed a bit. Nyx was also surprised, clearly trying to understand what she was seeing, as if she were finding puzzle pieces to put together. Meanwhile, Emi did nothing but smile and giggle in delight. It made sense that she would be overjoyed.

"Vatican? Senior Exorcist First Class?" Rin asked as Emi stepped away from Shura's grasp. The pink haired lady pulled out her ID.

"Here's my license and badge if you want proof." I looked at the card, it was her alright.

"Um, Excuse me? How do you know Emi?" Shiemi asked. Shura chuckled.

"I've known all these guys since they were little babies," She replied, referring to Nyx, Emi, and I. "I helped Nyx get started as an exorcist, I taught Emi how to use a sword, and Yukio, well he never liked me." I snorted at the last part. "Anyway, I gotta go take him to Japan Branch H.Q." She explained looking down at Rin who was still shocked by the whole situation. "I also wanna talk to Mephisto. If he's got a problem with that, drag him to me if you have to." She grabbed Rin by his collar. "Come on, get up. I've got a million questions and I better like your answers." She started to drag him away when Nyx interjected.

"Wait, Shura! Rin's injured and needs treatment. Can't this wait a bit." Emi and I looked at the inspector.

"He'll be fine. Long time no see, by the way. America wasn't your style?" Nyx remained still, showing no signs of concern, happiness, or confusion. Shura started walking away, Nyx following close behind. I was about to do the same, when Emi stopped me.

"Yukio, we have to go check on the other students." I wanted to argue, but I knew she was right. I nodded my head as we walked to the park's exit, Shiemi following behind us. The other students were all together, confusion all over their faces.

"Um, Mr. Okumura, Ms. Takayama-" Izumo was cut off by Suguro.

"What the hell is going on around here?" My mind was racing as I could only think about Rin. I didn't even think to answer the students when Emi looked up at me. She could tell my mind was elsewhere, so she took over.

"Listen up, class. Today's mission is over. You can all return to your dorms for now." Emi was interrupted by Rin yelling in the distance.

"Let go of me! I can't breathe, damn it!" We all turned to see Rin's face being squished in Shura's... chest.

"Hold on a sec, who is that hottie," Shima asked, referring to Shura.

"She's wearing pants from a boy's uniform. Could that be Yamada?" Konekomaru suggested.

"Typical Okumura. Guy's always getting into a jam." We then turned to see Nyx quickly walking behind the two.

"Lumine! Do you have any idea what's going on?" Konekomaru asked. Nyx just kept walking. Emi looked at her, worried. Emi and I joined up with Shura as we started to walk away.

"Wait!" I turn to see Nyx, running up to us. "Let me come."

"Sorry, Nyx, but this doesn't concern you-" The pink-haired lady was cut off by Emi.

"Let her come. She's his girlfriend, after all." Shura thought for a moment, before agreeing. If there was anyone who could convince Shura, it was Emi. We stood in front of the staff-only door.

"Where are you taking me?" Rin asked.

"Oh, that's right. You've never had a reason to come to the base before now." Shura said, still holding onto Rin.