Chapter 8

-Marco’s Way-

As I looked at Tatianna’s retreating figure, I could not wipe off this stupid smile on my face. When she looked back and blushed, I chuckled. Even if we barely know each other, the feeling of being comfortable with her is something I couldn’t just let go. I don’t know why, but I feel like we just connect – like we’ve known each other for years even if I don’t even know her favourite color and all that.

When she disappeared from my sight, I lingered at the garden for a little while further. I went back to the gazebo, happy that the fireflies are still there. I stood at the very center where Tatianna and I danced not so long ago.

I glanced at my hand, wondering what the heck possessed me to do such a thing. How did that Caltor get my attention? Why did she have to be different?

I closed my eyes and my mind wandered to the first time I saw her ten years ago…

“Hey Tristan! Who’s that girl beside you in that picture?”

“This? She’s my sister, Tatianna, spelled with a double ‘n’. Why did you ask?”

I shrugged. “Nothing. Just curious. She looks kinda plain, no offense.”

“None taken. She’s a simple girl. At first glance, she doesn’t look like a rich kid.”

I saw a small smile on his face. “She’s different all right. But she’s special.” But then his face darkened. “Are you interested at my sister?”

I shook my head. “Nope, sorry”

 Our first meeting…

“Young master will be here in a moment, Sir Marco.”

“Thank you.”

The butler bowed and then left. Despite being three years older, Tristan and I became close because of the parties that we attended and also since he’s my senior at the Creston Academy athletics team.

I sat down at one of the comfy-looking yet very classy sofa. A maid gave me a glass of juice to drink as I waited for Tristan to come down. I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and I assumed that finally he’s here.

“Hey Tristan! What took—“

The footsteps turned out to be from a girl with messy hair and bulky glasses. She looks around my age and I immediately remembered her as Tristan’s sister. I’ve also seen her at school since we are in the same level.