Chapter 30

-Marco’s Way-

As I held Tatianna’s form close to me, my heart is breaking as every tear falls down from her face. I’d rather see her annoyed face than the crying one any day.

“Marco… I’m tired.”

It saddened me to hear her dejected voice. I rubbed my cheek on her soft hair. She smelled like lavender. “Want to come down now so that I could accompany you home?”

She shook her head. “N-No. Do… do you have somewhere to go to?”

A small smile formed on my lips. “Nope. A little princess needs me. And as her self-proclaimed handsome prince charming and brave knight in shining armour I should be with her.”

 “Can I sleep here? Even for just ten minutes?”

I kissed the side of her head again, the memories of last Friday still fresh in my mind. Just a week ago, we were so happy. So much could happen in seven days.

“Of course. Don’t worry. I will be here,” I assured her

I saw he close her eyes in contentment, a small peaceful smile on her face. I continued to hug her tight – never wanting to let go.

“Sleep tight, Tatianna,” I whispered as I kissed her forehead.

I gazed upon her face and brushed my fingers at the trail that her tears left.  It pains me to see her cry, and now I’m listing it in my ‘Things I Hate The Most’ list. We stayed there until sunset. I felt her shift in my embrace and started to wake up.

“M-Marco?” The area around her eyes is puffy from all that crying.

I gave her a tight squeeze and I smiled as she hugged me back. “I’m here.”

“Thank you for this. I think I should go now. I have to return to Paris to settle some things.”

Sadly I had to release her from my embrace. “Feeling better?”

“Yeah…”

I jumped off the tree and like what I did last Friday, I stretched out my hands for her.

“I’ll catch you.”

This time, she let herself be caught by me. I hugged her tightly once again.

“Be strong, okay? But also remember that it’s okay to cry and I’m here if you ever feel like you’re alone. Call me anytime you need me. If you want to, I’ll go to Paris right away.”

She nodded. “Thank you.”

“Will Richard drive you home?”