Chapter 19

-Tatianna’s Way-

I saw the girls busy gossiping on something on a Monday morning. I didn’t come as early as usual since I overslept. But at least I’ve finished a painting and my other work is already in its 50% stage before completion. It will be finished just in time that I’ll show the two for the exhibit. I tried to stifle my yawn. Sheesh, it’s only the beginning of the week and they’re already starting it with their gossips.

“It’s Prince Marco’s birthday this Friday! What should we give him?”

I froze. I guess it’s that time of the year again. It’s like Valentine’s Day, but this time all the gifts are for Prince Marco and Prince Marco alone.

I entered my classroom and lo and behold! The topic is still the same.

“Have you received the invitation?”

“Yes, just this morning. From the looks of it, it is definitely going to be very grand.”

“I’m going all out this year, since it is his eighteenth birthday,” Jennica proclaimed.

“I’m planning to give him a Rolex watch since he collects those, right?” Chloe added.

Laureen smirked. “Well, I have something for him that he surely can’t resist.”

The girls gathered around her as she whispered her great gift. Suddenly they all squealed at the same time.

“You know him too well, Laureen! He’ll love that for sure!”  Giselle exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes and sat on my chair. Sakura went to Japan right after the exams and won’t be coming back until Friday, just in time for the Prince’s birthday. Now I have no one to vent out my irritation to my classmates. I couldn’t find Marco in the room, but his bag is already placed at his chair. I heard another round of squeals as the person I just thought of came strolling in the room like he owns the place – well, since his family is one of the founders of the school, he technically does own Creston Academy.

Everyone gave him advanced greetings for his birthday. Like a politician, he just gave them his thanks and a small smile. Our eyes met and he gave me a smile before sitting on his seat.

That entire morning, everyone is abuzz about Marco’s party. Finally unable to handle it, my feet directed me towards the forest at lunch break. I brought my lunch with me since the people at the cafeteria is full of gossiping people. But then I stopped myself. He might be there.

I thought for a while and a place came to my mind. Hurriedly I went towards the maze garden. Good thing I remembered where the secret door was hidden. As I went near, I was surprised when a felt-tip pen out of nowhere hit me right on top of my head.

“Now look at what you’ve done! That was big brother’s pen!”

I heard screaming from the other side of the door. It looks like there are children inside. Shouldn’t this place be off limits to everyone? Well, that could only mean one thing…