Chapter 5

-Tatianna’s Way-

I didn’t bother saying goodbye to that arrogant Marco. I thought he was the biggest annoyance of my day, but someone easily beat him.

My own mother.

I knew she wasn’t the one who personally created the text message. I am certain that she only commanded her secretary, miss Katie, to do it for her. She would not waste her time with me.

Your ball gown for Friday night has arrived. Wear it and don’t embarrass the Caltor name.

I guess that someone who is not in the high society circle would kill to be in my shoes. To be the only heiress to the Caltor group of companies, which includes resorts, hotels, and the aviation industry... who would not want it, right?

Though I am grateful to the luxury, this kind of life sucks.

My plan has been laid out for me. When my brother Tristan was still here, I didn’t feel much pressure since he was the one whom my parents entrusted the future of the company. They paid attention to him, not me. Since he left, the spotlight has been given to me and I don’t like it – not even one bit.

I went back to the classroom with a heavy heart and a disturbed mind. The classes dragged on until it was finally dismissal time. I hurriedly went out of the room and found Richard waiting for me. I went inside the car and he sped off.

“Hey Richard, are my parents still here?”

“Yes, young madam. But I heard from Michael that they would go to Europe by Friday morning.”

I sighed. “At least they won’t be here for the ball.”

“Forgive me if I may seem to invade your private matters, young madam. Are you not going to the opening ball again this year? I believe that the gown commissioned by madam Josephine for you to use has arrived. It would be a shame not to wear it.”

I laid back and closed my eyes. “I have no choice but to go, Richard. Though it is very much against my will, I think it will please my so called caring parents even just a teeny tiny bit. Maybe for once they might not treat me like a big thorn to their side.”

Richard smiled at me through the rear view mirror and returned his eyes back on the road in front of him. “Master Triston and Madam Josephine are lucky to have a daughter like you, young madam. You are very kind and understanding.”

His words definitely lifted my spirits even a little. “Thank you, Richard. Even though my parents are away, I always feel that I have a family because of you and the rest of the staff.”

“You are so nice to us, young madam. Especially to me and my family. When my wife got hospitalized, you paid for everything with no questions asked. You helped everyone in the house one way or another, young madam. For that we are eternally grateful. Other servants are not so lucky to have a madam like you. That’s why we’ll always be here to support you, young madam. It is a pleasure for all of us to serve you.”