Chapter 25

-Tatianna’s Way-

Marco still didn’t change his mind about Stuart. I swear, that guy is just too stubborn. But at least he’s civil with him now. I talked to Stuart about it but just shrugged it off. He said that Marco is not the guy who would easily place his trust on someone. I had to agree on that.

I learned about Marco’s evil plan on the girls when his friends told me that he asked them to list down their names. Good thing I was able to pacify him before he plans on bullying Laureen and the rest because they taunted me. I had to promise that I’ll bake a batch of cookies for him to save their poor souls.

We’re all busy for the examinations, as well as preparing for the diamond jubilee of Creston. It’s going to be a week-long celebration full of rides, foods, exhibits, shows, and the like. Thus I rarely see Marco nowadays, but he stops by at the forest when he has time.

I have to admit, he’s actually a great guy. Though he annoys me to no end, I would end up smiling because of him.

After frying our brains out for the exams, we had the celebration of Creston Academy’s diamond anniversary. For one whole week, all classes are suspended but we are required to be in the school. I would usually just stay in the forest the entire day and roam around only to buy some food. But this year Sakura pleaded for me to go with her throughout the week. Since I know that she’d never had any experience of a school festival, I agreed to accompany her.

The Friday before the celebration will officially start, I walked around the open field that was transformed into an amusement park. I stayed behind after classes since I had to finish the paperwork for the activities of Painter’s Society. The sunset made the place even more magical. I stopped in front of the giant carousel. I held on the rails that separated me from the said ride.  Oh how I missed riding on those horses. It makes me feel like a kid again.

“Wanna ride it?”

I jerked back and saw Marco staring at me, a smirk on his face.

“Huh?”

He grabbed my hand and led me to the entrance leading to the carousel. He nodded to the operator and led me towards one of the numerous horses.

“Is this even allowed, Marco?”

He smiled at me. “I told you not to underestimate the power of an Ertairo, Tatianna.”

I rolled my eyes. “Your ego is just too big, huh?”

Marco just chuckled. “I own these rides. And thus I have every right to use it.”

“But the rides aren’t supposed to be used until Monday.”

“What did I tell you? I own all of these and so I have the ultimate power. Now sit on that horse.”

Suddenly the carousel started moving. The numerous lights turned on, basking us in its glow. I rode on a white horse while Marco held on to the pole. I smiled at hearing the childish tune as we slowly went round and round. I couldn’t wipe out this stupid smile on my face. It’s been a while since I rode on this one. I giggled like a little girl. It’s been so long since I’ve been this carefree.