Chapter 31

-Tatianna's Way-

I blinked and rubbed my eyes. I must be so tired that even if I’m awake, I’m seeing Marco who should be halfway around the world in a whole different time zone. When I looked at the room again, I saw his face smiling at me.

Bonjour, mademoiselle Tatianna.”

It’s… really him.

“M-Marco? What are you doing here?”

“I think we should start the meeting now, shall we?” he answered.

I looked at dad’s secretary in confusion but he just smiled at me. I sat at the head of the table, turning on my business mode.

I could hardly focus on my façade because I could feel Marco’s smirk on me. When my eyes met his, he smiled. 

What are you planning, Marco?

"It is with great joy that I present the Ertairo Business Empire as our new business partner. The company will invest in us, giving us the push that we need to move the Caltor Group forward," Ms. Gale proclaimed, earning a loud round of applause. 

Marco stood up. "I believe in the potential of this company." He then looked at me and winked.

I couldn’t mask my surprise when I heard Marco’s plan. He’s… investing in the company?

“The Ertairo Business Empire would like to have collaboration with the Caltor Group of Companies. As its heir my father has allowed me of this proposal. I would like to invest on this company and I am interested in buying its shares. The money is ready to be used.”

“Forgive my rudeness, but what made you invest in us, Sir Marco?” Mr. Ronble inquired.

Marco smiled as he returned his gaze on me. “Your heiress is one tough cookie. I know that this company will prosper. I believe in her skills, her intelligence, and her business know-how. In short, I believe in her.”

I tried to sink everything in after the meeting ended. The company is saved. Saved by no one else but Marco. His decision of investing six billion dollars is enough to pull the Caltor Group of Companies back to the top.

“I told you I’ll help you, right?” he said as we were at the garden of my home in Paris. It is already night time, and we just finished eating our dinner. We both sat on a marble bench, enjoying the view.