Chapter 12

-Marco’s Way-

Two weeks have passed since that incident with Tatianna. What happened to the girls behind it? They got a week of detention and of course their parents were notified. They couldn’t do anything about it since their power is no match with mine. They’re actually lucky that that is all they got. If I really showed them what I could do, they would be transferring to another school the next day with no questions asked. But then I know how to keep my deal with Tatianna.

This Friday morning is allotted for a membership drive of the different clubs. As the overall head of all the clubs, the rest of the student council and I led the way. We have the entire afternoon off, since the teachers are involved as advisers of the different clubs made up of both junior high and senior high students.

Everyone is required to join at least one club of their choice, which will hone whatever skill is inside them. Aside from being the student council president, I am also the captain ball of the basketball team and the president of the Athletics club. Also, the role of executive president of the Honors Society was give to me, and thus I have a lot of responsibilities to carry. But being the heir of a business empire, this is just a piece of cake. This is nothing compared to the numerous companies that I’ll handle at the same time in the future. I take this as a good exercise of my management and leadership skills.

Each club was given a room in the second floor of the high school building where they could showcase their stuffs. As always, it was a contest on who could be the fanciest one and attract more members, especially from the first year.

I roamed around, making sure that peace and order is still at its peak. Students roamed around, taking in all that the different and diverse clubs have to offer.  By this afternoon at two o’clock, the members of the different groups should settle down and vote for their respective leaders.

After I ate my lunch, I made my way towards the forest, where I hope there’s a certain someone to annoy with. When I got there, my wish was granted.

“Oh look a monkey!” I exclaimed as I pointed a finger at her. The glare she gave amused me.

“Ha ha. Oh look, I’m laughing. I can’t help but laugh. I think I could fall,” she replied mockingly.

“I’m not worried. I am here to catch you after all,” I responded with a playful smile. A facepalm was her reaction.

“Lonely?”

“Being alone doesn’t necessarily make someone lonely right away. I call it a moment of solitude, which you just disrupted the moment you opened your big mouth.”

“Where’s Sakura?”

“Had a doctor’s appointment. She’ll come back for the elections.”

“Hey!” I called out to her. “Move aside! I’ll sit there too.”

I climbed up the tree effortlessly, immediately sitting beside her at her favourite branch. She moved away a bit.