Chapter 10

-Marco’s Way-

I saw Sir Vic along the corridors and so I went with him on the way to our classroom.

“Sir Vic, a new student will join us later, right?”

He nodded. “Nothing could ever get past your sensitive ears, huh?”

“I have my sources.”

“It’s the Yamamoto daughter, the sickly and quiet one. It looks like she gets her treatment here. You do business with them, right?”

“Yeah. I’ve met her before when I accompanied dad on his trip to Japan, but we were only seven at that time.”

“I hope your classmates will accommodate her.”

I snorted. “If she’s one of those annoying girls who knows more about spending than making money, she’ll fit right in.”

We entered the room and everyone went back to their seats. The fangirls tried to come near me, but my glares made them back down.

The guys chastised me again about my whereabouts. I just shrugged at them and smiled to myself. I stole a glance at Tatianna’s direction, but her attention is not on this room. She’s probably thinking about me.

“Good morning, class. I hope you don’t have your opening ball hangover now, since classes will continue from now on.”

Moans could be heard and Sir Vic raised his hand to silence us. “I know, I know. Who doesn’t like to party, right?”

My classmates couldn’t agree more. Well, except a certain someone, whom I can imagine sulking at the back.

I could see a girl in Creston uniform peeking at the door. Sir Vic motioned for her to come in. All eyes were on her as she meekly went to the front.

“Class, please welcome Sakura Yamamoto, your new classmate. Please say about yourself to everyone, Ms. Yamamoto.”

At first glance, she reminded me of Sadako. Her long black hair flowed behind her, with full bangs covering her forehead. Dark eyes matched with her pale complexion.

“Good m-morning everyone. I’m Sakura Yamamoto. I used to study at Japan but my doctor recommended me to finish my schooling here for my health.  Hajimemashite. I hope we can all be friends.” She bowed and didn’t maintain any eye contact with us. Looks like she belongs to Tatianna’s circle.

“Please sit beside Ms. Caltor, since it’s the only available seat left. You don’t have any problem with your eyesight, right?”

She nodded and proceeded to sit beside Tatianna. Along the way, the others especially the girls gave her a critical look as if they’re assessing whether she’s worthy enough to be friends with them.