Chapter 9

-Tatianna’s Way-

I came to school earlier than usual the Monday after the grand opening ball. I’m always early, but I decided to come a bit more.

Blame my parents.

I was just there, about to eat my breakfast in peace, when they decided to call me. They asked if I made any improvements in my social life. I pointed out that I didn’t, and thus the lecture that followed just passed through my uninterested ears. I lost all my appetite for what was supposed to be a delicious breakfast. I pleaded for Michael to ask the cook to prepare a sandwich to at least give me the energy to face another day.

It’s only the start of the week and I’m already hating it.

I left my bag on my chair at the classroom and proceeded to the gardens to cool my head. There’s nothing worthy of attention in my bag anyway aside from my books and notebooks since I always bring my wallet with me. With the sandwich, I munched on it as I sat at one of the low-lying branch of my tree.

The birds’ songs and the soft breeze made me forget about the world. I love my moments of solitude like this.

“Hey Tatianna!”

I shouldn’t have allowed him to come to this place. Though I don’t have the documents to shove into his guts that this place is mine, I claim it as my sanctuary since no one bothers to come here. This is my little place to escape from reality, and now his big mouth is here to ruin it.

“What is it now, Marco?”

“Sometimes I really wonder if you’re a girl. You’ll get your clothes dirty first thing in the morning.”

I glared down at him. “Mind your own business.”

He gave me a taunting smirk. “You gave me permission to come here, remember? Even if you don’t have any real right?”

I rolled my eyes and continued to eat on my sandwich. Maybe if I give him the cold shoulder, he’ll go away on his own.

Much to my surprise, he climbed up and sat beside me. if looks could kill, I’ll be guilty of making the Ertairo Business Empire lose its heir.

“Don’t you have anything better to do than annoy me?” I snapped at him.

“Whoah. Chill down, little princess.” I could feel his smile mocking me. “There’s still thirty minutes more before homeroom. No one is there yet but I saw your bag on your chair. And so having no one to talk to I decided to come here.”

“Liar,” I mumbled.

“No I’m not,” he suddenly responded. I looked at him I the eye. “You have your friends.”

“Are you not my friend?”

His question rendered me speechless. “Since when?”