Chapter 4

-Marco’s Way-

After lunch break, I went to the garden alone to cool myself down. That Tatianna Caltor… since when did she learn to talk back? She always has this silent girl aura. I wonder if Tristan influenced or corrupted her mind. 

I went to the secluded part of the garden, which is already like a mini forest. This is usually off limits to the students but hey, I’m Marco Sebastian Ertairo. I rule this school.

I heard distant humming from somewhere here. A soft lullaby that, to my surprise, calmed me in a weird way. I looked around but found no one. I tried to follow the tune, but to my disappointment it just disappeared. In exasperation I sat down at the roots of an oak tree.

Then something hit my head.

“Get out from here!”

My, my… look who’s here. I looked up only to find my attacker sitting on one of the big branches. “Says who?”

She crossed her arms and glared at me. “Me! Now get out!”

“I am very much unaware of the fact that you own this tree, Caltor.”

“This is my sanctuary. Don’t ruin it.”

I inspected the trunk of the tree. “Apparently you don’t have your name on it.”

Out of the blue she jumped down from her position at the branch, took a sharp stone, and forcibly wrote her name on the bark.

“There! Tatianna Louisse Caltor. Now I own this tree. Get out!”

“Tsk, tsk, tsk. Whether you like it or not Tatianna, this tree is still Creston Academy property. You just committed the crime of vandalism.” I gave her a taunting smirk. “This calls for detention for three days, you know.”

She scowled. “Go on. Tell the teachers for all I care. I would even accompany you to the headmaster’s office to tell him I have committed an immoral and an unforgiveable crime if you want to. I will still claim this tree as my own and I want you to get out!”

Wow. She’s really possessive of this tree. “Whoa. Calm down, Tati.” I smirked. “I didn’t know you have such a feisty personality.”

Tatianna huffed and looked away. She then whispered something that I nearly didn’t caught, but I did. I’m awesome like that.

“No one bothers to know me anyway.”