Chapter 11

-Tatianna’s Way-

I went to school the next day happier than usual. I’m usually the first one to come to the classroom, but I was surprised to see Sakura already seated, a book occupying her mind.

Ohayou, Sakura-chan!” (Good morning, Sakura!) I greeted as I made my way to my seat. She gave me a brilliant smile.

Ohayou, Tatianna-chan!” (Good morning, Tatianna!)

Aside from our passion for books and our connection through the Japanese language, Sakura and I bonded straight away since I learned that her brother Ryuuji Yamamoto is apparently Yuu, one of my brother’s close friends and one of the people who were actually nice to me.

Also, Sakura is really a nice girl, too. Finally! I found someone who is actually sensible to talk too and I could get along. Like me, she doesn’t have many friends.  Due to her frail health she is homeschooled. It was only due to her endless begging and her brother’s support that her parents allowed her to enrol to a real school.

Needless to say we just click. It’s like we’ve known each other for a long time even if we just met. When the girls approached her and placed her in the hot seat, I had the courage to speak out and led her out of the sticky situation.

Every Tuesday afternoon, we have two hours of physical education class which the entire seniors attend together at the Sports and Athletics building. It’s our last class for the day, and I am very much eager to end it already. For this year, we have to play different team sports. Yay. Note the sarcasm, please.

Ma’am Beatrice divided the girls and the boys. We get to play volleyball while the boys got the basketball court for their game.

The four volleyball courts were could be found at the second floor of the building. The basketball courts on the other hand could be found at the ground floor. And thus we started our games.

Us girls were divided into the red and white team. Sakura and I belonged to the latter, but she was excused because she shouldn’t be having any rigorous exercise. And so she sat at the sidelines to watch us.

The snobby girls in my class were at the other side of the net, and they look pissed off since my team is winning. I saw Chloe glare at me and then proceeded to whisper with Laureen. While the teams were huddled to make a game plan, my gut feeling tells me that those girls are up to no good. Well, what would you expect from no good girls either?

And during the game, my hunch is right. They kept on hitting the ball to my direction. But still I endured it all. But then I saw their line of sight.

It was to Sakura’s. And she is looking at her phone, unaware of the plan brewing against her.

Laureen gave a powerful strike towards Sakura, but good thing I was able to predict her move. With the reflex that I did not know I posses, I ran to her direction and was able to return the ball. No one in their team could volley it back.