Chapter 1

-Tatianna’s Way-

Clouds looking like cotton candy…  birds singing their songs… everything screams of a perfect day.

It’s a great clash with what I’m feeling inside. School starts again and I have to endure the pains that go with it, especially to someone like me. In the cliché elite high school hierarchy, I do not belong in the popular people, the nerds, the jocks, the cheerleaders…  I’m not even considered ‘somebody’.

Because I am Tatianna Louisse Caltor… and I belong in the ‘nobody’ group.

I’m invisible, and people just tend to ignore me unless they need something. I’m the girl nobody knows – also known as the school’s wallflower. Well, they only know me as the heiress of the Caltor Group of Companies. My likes and dislikes? No one cares.  I glanced at my ID and brushed my thumb across my picture. Unlike the girls in my school, I prefer my black rimmed glasses over contact lenses. My hair is not like those in shampoo commercials, and my face is not covered with make-up. In short, I look like the average school girl – one of the many reasons why I can’t belong with the people at school. They have this mentality that if you do not belong in their standards especially on beauty – you’re out.

To some, it is a lonely world. Well, not for me. I love my anonymity. Less drama, less problems.

“Young madam.” I snapped back to reality when our driver – or the people here insists on calling as chauffer – addressed me with a smile. “We have arrived.”

I gave him a small smile in return.  “Thank you, Richard.”

Mr.  Harrison, an old man whose job is to open the doors of the cars, smiled as I was the one who opened my own door.

“Good morning, miss Caltor. You are depriving me of my work once again.”

“Good morning Mr. Harrison. I know how to use my hands unlike most of the snobby kids here.”

“Indeed.”

He bowed a little and I returned the gesture. Two intimidating men in black stood by the double doors that served as the gateway to the school. I gave them small smiles and they nodded in return. Because of their role, they’re unable to show any other expression aside from the scary one. But in reality, those two – Gab and Drake – are very much cheerful and playful.

I glanced around and took everything in. The giant, crystal chandelier… the marble columns in all of their intricate glory…  the shiny graphite floors that will be the cause of death for someone who is a klutz like me… the people gossiping before going to the classrooms…

This is Creston Academy – the school for the rich and famous.

Anybody who’s anybody studies here. It’s a pretty normal thing to be classmates with heirs and heiresses of big companies, actors and actresses, models, and the like. In short, every high society parents send their children to study in Creston. My parents, being graduates of this academy as well, naturally made me study here from nursery and now to high school.