Chapter 35

-Tatianna's Way-

I immediately went home after that outburst of mine. When I finally calmed down, I berated myself. I did feel like I overreacted. But I'm a girl...and that painting was supposed to be for that idiot Marco.

It's hard not to fall in love with him. Those grand gestures of his, though it makes me embarrassed to be at the center of everyone's attention, makes me feel special. He would usually buy me my lunch or my snacks and join Sakura and I with his friends. They are a wild bunch, and our table would usually be full of a lot of laughter. Marco treasures his friends greatly and I admire him for that. He once told me that they keep him sane.

Though I appreciate Marco's overly grand efforts, it's the little ones that mean the most to me. When he baked that red velvet cake that could cause diabetes in one bite, it meant the world since I can feel the love that came with it. I'm not saying that his loud proclamations do not contain sincerity, but it's just that I like our quiet moments. Because when we're together, just the two of us, I feel like the time is more special – no prying eyes, no strangers – just ourselves.

One of our favorite moments together was when he recreated his performance at the charity concert once – acoustic version this time – while we had a quiet time under the tree after school. When he sang the words right in front of me, I felt like the most special girl alive.

Spending my days and nights just thinking of you

How you make me wanna smile 

With the things that you do

When will I hear you say 

Love is coming on your way

And that you start to feel the same

'Cause every day, every night, I keep looking at the skies

And I pray that someday 

You will wake up in my arms and love will never end

We belong together

Always and forever

Call my name and I'll be there

I've loved that song when I heard it for the first time. But when he sang it, it became so much more meaningful.

I took out the little project that I've been working on from my cabinet. It's a scrapbook, full of our pictures together. He would always make it to a point to have our picture taken, whether from my phone or his. Secretly, I've collected all of our pictures together to make this scrapbook. It's seventy percent done, and all I have to do now is to put the finishing touches and make my final message at the last page.

I made a letter for Marco, asking Richard to deliver it when school ends. I didn't attend this day's classes since I was hell bent on finishing this gift for him. I couldn't also attend school tomorrow too since my parents requested that I should attend the board meeting. And so I can't see him until tomorrow afternoon. I hope he'll like my gift, though.

I came earlier than planned, holding the scrapbook close to my heart. I went up the tree to wait for him. When I heard the dismissal bell, my heart started to race. Will he come? Has he even forgiven me yet?