Chapter 21

-Tatianna’s Way-

The buzz after Marco’s birthday died down. When I remember what he did… this stupid blush won’t disappear in my face. I didn’t stay long after that… incident.  I tried to focus on other things just to keep me sane. Now, the entire Painter’s Society members are too busy preparing everything for the exhibit.

It will span for an entire week, and on Friday we will be having the auction. This Monday at dismissal time we will have the ribbon-cutting ceremony. I am a bit nervous since a lot of famous and talented artists from all over the world are coming to watch our works. After a short program, the exhibit is in full swing.

Many came to watch our paintings and as early as now a lot are already eyeing on something to buy at the auction of Friday. We also received a lot of praises from everyone. I could say that this exhibit is a success already.

Even after the opening day, a lot are still coming. Just from the entrance fee that we collected, a lot of people could benefit from the money already. Of course, I am more than proud of this. Paintings Full of Sunshine garnered a lot of attention and support and the thought that we can make a lot of people happy gives me butterflies inside.

On Thursday afternoon I was just strolling around the exhibit. Even if it is almost closing, a lot are still here, particularly Creston students. As usual, my club mates are awesome. Each of us was given a blank wall to hang our paintings with and decorate it the way that we want to. I loved Sakura’s wall portraying a Japanese springtime. Her painting of a cherry blossom tree and people enjoying would surely place a smile on anyone’s faces. Stuart’s wall is as sunny as his personality and suited him so well.

I was about to glance at my own wall when I saw two guys wearing the Creston junior high uniform talking about my paintings.

“What kind of painting is this? Mountain and fields on a sunny day? This is so childish.”

“I find the thought pathetic, actually. It’s too boring. Isn’t this exhibit supposed to be Paintings Full of Sunshine? What, did the artist just painted the sun so that it will fit the theme?”

They laughed, and their critic did sadden me. Oh well, we can’t please everybody in this world, can we? Then out of the blue I saw Marco approaching. I thought he would be coming to me, and so I prepared my brain for the insults that may follow… though he did praise me a lot… even when this exhibit was still a proposal.

But what he did is something that I didn’t expect. Instead of coming straight to me, he went to those two men instead and punched them right in their faces.

“If you don’t have anything good to say, just shut the f*ck up!”

To say I was surprised is an understatement. The men were about to fight back but stopped when they realized who punched them. No one wants to mess with the Prince after all. The guards came to stop the fight. I tried to keep Marco under control as the men were sent away. I heard murmurs coming from the students. Sheesh, this is going to be another headache.

“What the hell was that, Marco?”

He looked at me, bewildered. “I just saved your pride a while ago. You should be thanking me. They insulted your painting. Your work!”