The Trial

Team's POV

It finally came to be the date of the trial. The nervousness I had was over the roof and I couldn't relax. Win was there to comfort me though. I walked around the house gathering the evidence that we had previously brought to the police and the new evidence that we had discovered after going to my father's house. 

I paced around the room as I thought of the things that my mother could do to me if I didn't win the side of the judge. My hands started to shake with fear. I felt reality hit me when we arrived at the courthouse in Win's car. I got out my index cards with the things that I wanted to say written on them. At this point, I was nearly desperate to win the judge's trust and approval.

 I walked into the courthouse and I checked in and walked into the room where the entire thing would occur. I sat down in one of the rows as my eyes explored the place. The building had a tall ceiling and the room was wide. It was empty except for me and Win, but it felt like there was no living thing around us because we were both being so quiet. I just couldn't explain how I was feeling at the moment. 

I was feeling like I could finally get justice on my mother and stop her from torturing us, but on the other hand, I felt sad. When I was a kid I would never have thought that I would have to go the court against my mother. The family was still perfect back then. There was nothing wrong with my family for the longest time, but it all changed when my mother fell out of love with my father. 

The jury walked in and greeted us, and I tried my best to portray that I was feeling fine. They said that they were going to try their best to bring justice to those who needs it. I sat back down after shaking their hands and got scared of what would happen after the trial started. 

I could feel a hand on my shaky, twitching hand. I looked up at Win, and he breathed in, motioning for me to do the same. I breathed in, and after a few seconds we let out the pressure and the paranoia in our systems. I laid my head on Win's shoulder and closed my eyes. I tried to remain calm so I could pose a professional in front of the judge. I rearranged my thought to clear things that I was going to say, and I breathed in and out again. This was going to go okay.
The judge walked into the room and greeted us with a friendly smile. 

"I know that you are probably very nervous right now, but I just wanted to say that I have seen the videos and that there is some solid proof that Achara is abusive. If you have any more proof from your memories, that would be good to mention," The judge said. 

I nodded and thanked her. What was reassuring about her was that she seemed to be on my side. I smiled to myself a little bit, and went back to reviewing my index cards. My mother finally walked into the room after half an hour of waiting. She stared at me with anger, and I held Win's hand tighter. She walked off to her seat, taking loud and heavy steps along the way. When the trial finally started, the judge got her hammer and tapped it on the small wood circle on her podium. 

"This trial is for the accusation of Achara Teerayu Siriyotin. She is accused of verbal and physical abuse of both her son and spouse. Miss Siriyotin, please step up to the seat next to me."

My mother stared at me, resentment showing through. 

"So, Miss Siriyotin, how long have you been married?" The judge asked, starting out the conversation with questions that would be important for later. 

"I have been married for twenty years your honor," Achara said. 

"Twenty years, alright. Now, when did you last have a gun or any kind of weapon in your possession?" The judge asked, lowering her glasses while looking at my mother. 

My mother was very obviously panicking because she knew she had just recently had a gun in her possession. 

" I-I haven't had a gun in my possession once in my life," She said, acting as if she had done nothing wrong.