Healing

A/N: What chapter do you guys want this to end on? I'm also wondering what I should name this story officially. Ideas? The idea I have right now is "Learning To Love" Tell me if you think that's a good title. 🙏

--

Team's POV

I sat Win up in his bed, and he looked at me. My eyes very obviously red and puffy, the first thing that caught his attention. Win smiled, but it felt more like a smile of pity than a smile of joy. My friends were all awake and directing their attention to Win.

"Are you hurt? Do you feel any pain? Do you want food? I'll go get you some-"

Win put his index finger against my lips.

"I'm okay. Right now, I just want you to stay with me."

I nodded.

"Can I... Can I lay on your lap?"

Win smiled.

"Yeah."

With the veins in the whites of my eyes red and the bags under my droopy eyes, I laid down with salty water falling onto Win's white hospital clothes. He stroked my head as I cried. I closed my eyes and held his other hand tightly in mine. I can't let this happen to him ever again.

--

It was a couple of weeks later, and both me and Win were discharged from the hospital. I held his hand as we walked out of the hospital doors. I had been sleeping in his hospital room, because I didn't want to be alone, and I didn't want him to be alone. When I heard that we were getting discharged, I was happy yet scared.

"Can we walk home instead of driving?"

I asked, my eyes somewhat shaking.

"Yeah. In fact, I didn't want to drive either."

Win smiled.

When we got back to the apartment, I opened the door and sat down on the bed. I started to remember the car crash, and how terrifying it was. I wanted to erase the fact that it even happened in my brain. Unknowingly, I started to cry. Win came to my side and hugged me. I sobbed on his shoulder.

"Why did I tell you to take the other route?"

I asked, my voice breaking.

"I told you. It's not your fault. It may seem like that because you told me to take the other route, but it's entirely the other person's fault."

He said in a firm tone.

"But... How can you still love me after everything I put you through?"

Win looked me straight in the eyes. His eyes were comforting. And warm. I didn't get how he could stare at me like that after everything I put him through.

"I love you no matter what. I don't care if you throw me into a sea full of swords. I would still love you. I don't care what you do. I love you for who you are, and not for what you do. You just need to trust me on that."

I tried to understand, but I just couldn't. How can he love someone that gave him a major injury? He can't even swim anymore.