Chapter Three

"Hey love" he whispered into my ear "You look like shit" Ace smirked and relaxed in his seat. I dropped my bag on the ground and plopped into the chair. He ticked his pen on the desk and pretended to pay attention to Mr. Lamder.

And you look hot as sin. I wanted to say. But instead scoffed at his comment. I knew I looked 35 flavors of wrong, but I couldn't care less. My annoyance spiked as he continued to tap the pen on his desk. I bit on my nails, hoping he would stop. When he persisted, and I couldn't take it anymore, I finally snapped.

"If you don't stop tapping that damn pen, I will rip it from your hands and stab you in the throat."

"Someone's tense" he started, looking at me through the corner of his eye "Maybe you should..relieve some of that stress" I turned to him and shot daggers through my eyes. If looks could kill. Although I wanted to reprimand him for that comment, I couldn't help but notice his toned chest through his tight, plain white tee. Ace's jet-black hair was messy, but he pulled off the bed-head look. I was tempted to run my hands through it, feel his silky strands. How can someone look so good in such simple clothes? His sea-green eyes stared back at me and I was suddenly pulled out of my trance when he spoke.

"Were you just checking me out?" Ace asked, his lips tugging into a shit-eating grin.

"What? No! I..I was just...thinking" I stammered returning my gaze to whatever was on the projector screen.

"Okay, love. We both know you were. Just admit it, your obsessed with me."

I rolled my eyes so far in the back of my head I'm pretty sure I saw my brain. Then responded without hesitation.

"Your like a bag of pampers, self-absorbed, and full of shit. Everyone knows your the man-whore on campus, that's how I know you, okay hot-shot?" I paused and turned to him again, poking my pointer finger into his chest as I spoke "Why don't you go find someone else to fuck. I'm pretty sure there are tons of little estrogen vultures willing to spread their legs for your annoying and arrogant ass."

Ace let out a low whistle, taking his time to think of a response.

"You're feisty..." I decided to ignore whatever he was going to say next, and grabbed a water out of my bookbag. He spoke again when I was mid-sip.

"I wonder how feisty you are in bed..." I choked and coughed on the water, making sure to not let any leak out of my mouth. Ace looked at me innocently.

"Oh are you okay, Danny? Maybe you should go get cleaned up." He said loudly enough so everyone heard. My cheeks heated from embarrassment. I leaned down pretending to put my water back in my bag and gave him the finger. That mother fucker.

"I'm fine, Ace" I shot back, sitting up and staring at Mr. Lamder. He snickered and finally shut up for the remainder of the class.

_________

"For the last five minutes," Mr. Lamder started, organizing pieces of paper that were scattered around his desk. "I want to talk about the next project" Everyone waited silently for him to continue. "You guys need to find a restaurant or a book or a newspaper, I don't care what, but you need to write a review on it. It will be a small grade, but you have to work in groups of two, which I have already assigned." He took out a chart and started reading off pairs of names, squinting his eyes to see the small handwriting.

"Julliette, and Lily...Sam, and Philip....Ace, and Danny.." My heart dropped, and my head collided with the small desk in front of me. This cannot be happening right now. The ass sitting next to me chuckled.