Chapter Nine

I gazed out the window, admiring the orange and pink sunset. The soft glow from the sun created a gorgeous night sky, which was perfect for an evening ride. Ace and I have been on the road for hours, and I've begun to think he's planning on killing me, then hiding the body somewhere far, far away.

"If you intend on murdering me, can you please just do it now. I can't stand the torture of being in this car any longer" I complained, taking off my seatbelt. "And I thought I was getting a prize."

You are so impatient, Love" Ace chuckled continuing to stare at the road ahead. "We will be there soon. But when we get there, you have to promise me not to freak out" He spoke cautiously and slowly. I sighed, turning to him and furrowing my brows.

"Why would I freak out? This mysterious destination is starting to scare me. Are we going to your murder house?" I gasped dramatically and kneeled in the seat "Oh my god! you want me to be an accomplice to your serial killing spree! AHA! I knew it!"

Ace just laughed more, smiling widely. I squinted my eyes at him, trying to get his attention. With no luck, I groaned again, slumping back in my seat.

"So how soon is soon?" I asked and Ace rolled his eyes.

"If you don't shut-up, I'm going to turn the vibrations of your underwear on to the highest level. And it won't stop until we get there"

I slapped his shoulder and switched on the radio, blatantly ignoring his threat. Misery, by Maroon 5 was playing and I opened the window, kicking my legs out and crossing them at the ankles. I hummed to the tune of the song, stealing Ace's sunglasses from his face, and slipping them on.

"I am in misery
there ain't nobody
who can comfort me, oh yeah
Why won't you answer me?"

I nodded my head and sang, adjusting the sunglasses on my nose. Ace chuckled again, making my heart flutter. He was perfect, in every way. I never meant to fall for him, I don't want to be in love with him. Maybe I'm not in love. This doesn't feel like it did with Alexander, it feels incredibly different. But was I this attracted to Alexander? No.

Shit.

I hate Ace for making me love him.
God! How can I be so head over heels for him! Maybe I'm going insane. That's the only explanation. It would help make sense of the fact that I fucked a man whore with only 24 hours of actually meeting him.

The radio was suddenly turned off and I spun around in my seat, glaring at Ace.
"Why'd you turn it off?" I asked, moving my legs to go over his lap, trying to get in a more comfortable position.
"I need to tell you something Danny" He was serious, keeping his hands tight on the steering wheel.

"Um...Okay," I drawled, suddenly very focused. Ace took a deep breath, then pulled the car over to the side of the road. I frowned, tilting my head to make him return my gaze. He unbuckled his seatbelt, turning to me, then lifted me up and propped me on his lap. I smiled at him, wrapping my arms around his neck. "What's up?" I asked, getting increasingly impatient. Why is he being so... weird. It was abrupt as well, he went from playful to 'i'm ready to kill someone' in a snap.

"You would consider us... friends, right?" He started, rubbing my thigh soothingly.

"Of course," I nodded, waiting for him to continue.

"Good." He said, breathing deeply. "Danny, I really like you."

I smiled and watched him play with the hem of my dress. His usual playful demeanor was incredibly nervous, now.

"I really like you too, Ace" I responded, kissing his cheek.

"And I want to spend the rest of my life with you..." He pulled out a candy ring pop, laughing hysterically. My smile fell and I punched his chest.