Chapter One

"I'm sorry, a what now?"

"A bonfire party! Come onnn it will be so fun!" Your best friend, Lana, chuckles. 

The two of you walk down the path leading out of the university. Your backpack straining your shoulders slightly, the weight of your textbooks pulling you down. 

"Hmm, I don't know Lana. Anyone we know going?" You were unsure. Last time Lana invited you to one of these stupid parties you ended up being puked on by a first year. You cringe at the memory, still remembering how you had to throw your once perfectly nice dress away. 

"Yes! Do you remember Jason? The guy from middle school?" Lana questions.

You think for a moment. Jason...Jason... "Oh! The guy who always brought those bags of huge marshmallows into class?" 

Lana chuckles "Yes! That guy! Well, I ran into him in the library this morning - also by the way I had no idea he even went here? and anyway he said that there's going to be a huge bonfire at his parent's place tomorrow night. He said we could both go!" 

You mull over the idea in your head. Surely it wouldn't be so bad. You felt like this week of classes had almost killed you, maybe it was a good opportunity to let your hair down and not worry. 

"Fuck it. Let's go." 

Lana rejoices beside you as you both continue your walk to your apartment, which by the way you were lucky to have. Before you came to university 3 years ago you worked your ass off waiting tables at an Italian restaurant near your parent's house where you used to live. The pay was ok, but you really relied on tips. You saved every penny for over a year from that job so that you could find a decent apartment near the university that you and Lana had always planned on going to. 

The walk to your apartment was about 15 minutes from the university, which was perfect. You didn't have to worry about paying for a car or paying for the bus to take you everyday. Lana lived in the apartment block 2 streets away, so you guys would spend pretty much every single day together. You loved having her in your life, she was like an angel that was sent just for you. 

Lana chats about party details and what outfits you guys were going to wear tomorrow night on the walk home. You both walk into your apartment and Lana helps you rummage through your closet to look for the perfect outfit. You both agree that since it was autumn and it was getting colder outside you should wear black jeans, paired with a sequinned silver top and a black jacket. "That'll look amazing on you!" Lana exclaims, her smile beaming. You laugh at her excitement and thank her.

You and Lana end up making dinner together and watching a movie on your couch. It's around 10pm when Lana leaves your apartment. You told her that she could stay the night but she wanted to go home and finish up her art assignment that she was working on. 

You collapse into bed, and let yourself fall asleep ... 

(sorry first chapter kind of boring and short, but gotta set that scene you know)