Chapter Twenty Seven

"I'll take you home while these guys clean up," Jimin says. You and Jungkook follow behind Jimin, Jungkook takes your hand and leads you out of the warehouse, protecting your eyes from seeing the mess on the floor. You stay as close to him as you can, grabbing his arm with your other hand. Jimin walks through the warehouse and you look down as you walk, seeing multiple bodies laying lifeless on the ground. You feel so nauseous, knowing they are dead. "Don't look baby," Jungkook says to you, squeezing your hand.

You keep walking until you exit through a door and start walking towards the car. Jimin hops in the drivers seat while you and Jungkook sit in the back together. You fasten your seatbelt and instinctively lean on Jungkook. He leans his head on top of yours, cupping your hand in his. You feel exhausted. Emotionally and physically. You are hurting all over but nothing is comparing the pain you feel inside. You know this will probably affect you for the rest of your life.

"I will never forgive myself. This is all my fault" a wave of guilt crashes over you as you start to cry for the millionth time that day. "Hey, no it is not. Those guys were bad news, they would have gotten to us one way or another. This is not your fault, do you hear me? This is my fault. I should have never exposed you to danger like that. I will never forgive myself for what I put you through." Jungkook says to you. He strokes your hair with his spare hand as tears fall from your eyes. You shake your head, unable to speak.

"Don't worry. It's done now. They can't bother us anymore." Jimin says from the driver's seat.

"No more secrets. No more sneaking around." Jungkook tells you. You feel relief. Maybe you two can start to have a somewhat normal relationship from now, without all the lies and secrecy. "That sounds nice," you sniffle.

The rest of the ride home is mostly quiet and you start to drift off to sleep.

When you wake up, your head is leaning on Jungkook's shoulder as he is carrying you like a baby through a hallway, you recognise that it's your apartment building. The door unlocks and Jungkook carries you inside as you lift your head up to look at him. "Hey love, we're home." Jungkook is tired too. His face bruised and littered with blood splatter. You gently kiss him on the cheek and he carefully sits you on your bed.

"Will you shower with me?" you ask him shyly. He gives you a small smile, one that you had missed so much. "Sure,"

You both enter the bathroom and you turn on the hot water. You start undressing and notice your reflection, there are bruises all over your neck and a few on your face, you don't even recognise yourself. You were so battered and bruised, your eyes red and dark circles obvious. Your bandages will still on your wrists and knees from the day before. "I look awful," you say, taking in your reflection. Jungkook kisses your head, "you're still beautiful to me."

He helps you take off your bandages, your knees and wrists still grazed from when you fell over. You wince as the bandaids are peeled off your sensitive skin and Jungkook apologises repeatedly. You jump into the shower, Jungkook hopping in after you. You gasp at his appearance. He has bruises all over his body, huge, dark marks. His cheek is also starting to bruise. You gently graze your fingertips over his bruises. "You're hurt," you say. "I'm fine," Jungkook says, putting his hand over yours.

You start to wash away all the dirt, blood, sweat, tears from your body and face, the water feeling incredible against your skin. Jungkook helps you to wash your hair, making sure he gave you a scalp massage while he was there.

When you leave the shower you feel a million times better, but still incredibly sore. Jungkook helps you to dress your wounds once again before slipping on some comfortable clothes.

When you were both dressed you laid in bed, cuddling each other quietly, Jungkook running his fingers through your damp hair as your head lay on his chest. "I can't believe what just happened." You say, your mind replaying everything over and over.