Chapter Thirteen

~ Your POV ~

It had been a few days since you last saw Jungkook. After that night where he had been keeping an eye on you in the cafe, he seemed to be at the forefront of your mind. You could barely concentrate in class, hardly putting in any effort to your work. You couldn't put your finger on it but there was something about him. He was so mysterious, a 'bad boy' yet he had been there to protect you on more than one occasion. 

Why? Why did he care enough to stick up for you? It didn't really make any sense. He made it clear the first time you met that he wasn't interested. Or did he? That's the thing. You were so confused. He was a dick to you but he almost kissed you at the bonfire party, and then he did kiss you the other night in your bed. 

There was definitely something going on with him, and to be honest with his whole group of friends for that matter. The fact they were all together at the bonfire, lurking in the darkness was weird in itself. When Jimin and Hoseok totally freaked when you asked what they did for work? Seeing Jungkook in the library of all places, with a piece of paper that he was so secretive about? How they could just walk in to the club and the bouncer didn't bat an eye? The way Jungkook spoke to Jimin like he was head of police of some shit? 

You shake your head, hoping it would re-jumble your thoughts so that they would make sense. You had so many questions for him, but something told you that he would never answer them. 

"Hellooo?" Lana waves her hand in front of your face. "Anyone home?"

"Yeah, sorry, I was just...thinking."

"Well, as I was saying... I totally understand if you say no, but, Jason invited us to another party tonight. I know what happened the last time we went out together, but it will just be people from our uni. I'll be with you the whole time, I promise, I won't leave your side."

"Mmmmm..." You groan. Thinking about it. You felt safer going to a party at Jason's than going back to that club. But, you just couldn't. The fear of the unknown was too strong and you were still shaken from what happened last time you went out. 

"I don't think I can. Maybe next time." You give Lana a weak smile.

"I totally understand! I thought I would ask just in case." Lana wraps her arm around your shoulder and gives you a small squeeze.

"Do you have someone else to go with though? I don't want you to go alone..."

"Yeah, don't worry about me. I'm going with a friend from my art class."

You were relieved, knowing you would be worrying all night about her if she went alone. 

You spent the next few hours doing Lana's makeup and hair for the party tonight, while supplying her with plenty of alcohol. You loved putting makeup on other people, and yourself. It was like therapy for you. You applied a beautiful golden eyeshadow to Lana's eyes before applying black winged liner. You listened to Lana chat shit to you as you were concentrating on your art. 

Lana looked amazing by the time you had finished getting her ready, you couldn't believe she was even friends with you sometimes. You ordered an Uber for her before she left your apartment. You made sure she made it safely to the party before relaxing on your couch, watching some trash reality TV. 

Your phone vibrating like crazy next to you awoke you from your slumber. You had fallen asleep on the couch. You grab your phone from the side of you, noting it was 2:45am, seeing you had several messages and missed calls from 2 different numbers, one being Lana's. No doubt drunk texting you.