Chapter Twelve

~ can you tell that 190811 Jungkook really just gets to me ~

* Jungkook's POV *

I felt so fucking stupid. I can't believe she saw me through the cafe window, I must've looked like an absolute creep, dressed in all black staring at her while she was all alone in there. I got away with it the first time, she almost saw me but I stood back so that she couldn't. The second time I looked I was, not so lucky. As soon as she saw me staring she jumped, I really scared her. I'm such an idiot. She was probably already on edge from what happened to her the night before. That fucking bastard. My blood boils just thinking about his vile face.

When she saw me I ran. What was I supposed to do? Say "Hi, it's me, just here, staring at you like some kind of pervert in the night, wondering how you were doing." Absolutely not. Surely that's even weirder than me sprinting away from her while she chased me, right? I kick the rock on the pathway, trying to take out some of my frustrations. The bruises he left on her wrist... don't even get me started or I'll explode.

God I'm so fucking stupid, I have no idea what possessed me to even go and check on her like that in the first place. A normal person would have walked inside, hell, even rang her work so that she would have to answer, and simply asked how she was doing. I don't know what the hell has gotten into me. Ever since I laid eyes on her at that dumb bonfire party, I haven't been the same. It's like she has me trapped under some kind of spell, luring me in stronger and stronger every time I see her. And when she asked me to kiss her, my god. It was like time itself had stopped. She was so perfect, so beautiful. Like a real life angel that had been hand crafted by a god. I still remember the first time I ever saw her, never before had I seen someone so beautiful in my life. I couldn't let her know, though.

I stop walking for a brief moment, not believing the words I was even thinking right now. Love? No fucking way. Not me. I shake my head of the ridiculous thoughts and keep walking. I was almost at our meeting place. Or as we call it; Hobi's Hideout. He chose the name. I couldn't let her kiss me again. I can't let her too close to me. I'm not good for her, she deserves someone better, someone more normal.

I round the corner of an alleyway, walking a few more metres before I approach the side door to the building. I turn my head left and then right, making sure no one can see me here. I knock in the rhythm that was agreed upon, so that the members knew when it was one of us trying to get in. I wait a moment, before the door unlocks and it's Taehyung.

"Finally man, where the hell have you been?" he crosses his arms, eyebrow raised.

"Had to make a stop on the way." I push past him, not wanting to answer anymore of his questions. The door shuts and locks behind me as I walk into the meeting room. It is very simple. A large table is situated in the middle of the room, 5 chairs surrounding it. Jimin, Hoseok and Yoongi are sitting around the table and look up at me as I walk in.

"What's happening?" I say, pulling out a chair and sitting down, Taehyung copying my actions. "It's nice of you to join us" Yoongi comments sarcastically, his forearms resting on the table. "Yeah, yeah. Can we just get started?"

Jimin rolls his eyes. "The Royal Street Mafia still are unaware of our exact location as of yet. However, I have heard from other of our outside investigators that they have been hiring new recruits. Private investigators, hackers, you know those kind of people so we have to be extremely aware of our surroundings and pay attention."

Royal Street Mafia. Stupid name for a bunch of stupid assholes who can't take no for an answer. They are basically a Korean gang who get off on stealing other people's valuables, money, innocence, you name it, they want it. The leader, Kim Namjoon, is notorious for his enemies mysteriously 'vanishing' or turning up dead in the most suspicious circumstances. He was one guy you did not want to fuck with. His right hand man, Kim Seokjin, was just as bad. He was the one basically carrying out Namjoon's commands, or he was the one telling others to carry out the orders for him when he didn't want to get his hands dirty.