2.3: Ice Pick

Congorock- Ivory (The Bloody Beetroots Remix) 

"You fought the alpha command," Derek commented when we got to his hideout. 

"I thought he was going hurt Stiles," I shrugged. He nodded looking over at a sleeping Isaac. I put the bag I had gotten from his house next to him. 

"Regardless. It's not an easy thing to do. Your instincts are growing sharper. It's because Isaac joined us. We need two more to have a complete pack," 

"Okay," I nodded. "What do you say about having another girl around?" 

"If she's as easy to get along with as you are, I don't care," he shrugged. 

"She has a stronger attitude. Closer to yours," 

"What's wrong with her?" 

"She has a thing. She gets seizures. I convinced her to stop taking the mediction so that there aren't any complications the way there were with me. She should be in the hospital soon. I'll call when she's ready," 

"What's her name?" 

"Erica Reyes," 

"The thing about female wolves is-"

"I know. I can't be here all the time. Scott needs me. He's right smack in the middle of everything and I've been putting it off for too long. Thank you for everything, but I think you've got it from here. You know how to get a hold of me if it's important," 

"Thank you. I couldn't have done it without you. Be careful. The phone works both ways. I also noticed that you're a lot calmer when I'm around," 

"It's your scent. It was the first thing I ever notice after I was turned and it's familiar, so-" I'm not in love with him. 

"I know. For me it was my mom," he smiled. He pulled a necklace out from under his jacket and handed it to me. It has a tiny pendant on it. The same symbol he has tattoed on his back. I don't remember ever seeing him wear it before. "I've been wearing this for a couple of weeks now. It has my scent on it. It's subtle so others won't pick up on it. Your sense of smell is very strong so you'll be the only one aware of it," 

"Thanks, Derek," I smiled putting it on. 

"Be careful. Remember what we've been working on," he nodded.

I walked home, needing to clear my head. Scott didn't come home which means he stayed with Allison. I have to find a way to start getting along with her. Scott's not going to listen and she's not going to leave him simply because I don't want her around. I don't have to be her new best friend but I also don't want this to take over whenever she's around. I have to let it go. For Scott's sake. 

"You look tired," I smiled as I pulled the door shut behind me. 

"Good morning," I greeted Gideon as I walked over to his car. 

"You blew me off yesterday. A whole bunch of craziness happened," he held the door open for me. I took his hand before getting in the car and chuckled. He has no idea just how right he is. 

"I'm sorry. I felt sick and I had a fight with my brother and I didn't want to be there to see him acting the way he was. Forgives?" I asked, playfully. He leaned into me pressing his lips to the top of my head. 

"Always," he nodded. I laughed and got in the car. 

"What happened?" I asked once he got in. 

"Isaac was arrested," 

"What?" I asked looking at him pretending to be shocked. 

"That's not even the crazy part. His dad is dead. My dad said it looked like he suffered,"