2.6: Frenemy

Twenty One Pilots- Semi-Automatic

I rushed after Jackson with Derek following close behind. He's leading us downtown towards the least used areas of Beacon Hills. He's fast and he can literally maneuver over anything he gets on with ease. I jumped up on the gate I lept over and got over it with Derek jumping down next to me. Our eyes met for an instant, he gave me a single nod letting me know that we're going to work on this together. 

The two of us let our instinct take us. We ran towards the old abandoned bridge. It's isolated her. Lot's of trash.  We slowed down into a light jog. I don't see him anywhere. Derek held his hand out for me to stay behind him as he walked up ahead. I looked around behind me knowing that Derek is watching my back. I heard him before I saw him jump down between us. 

Jackson hissed at Derek, I went low making it jump up over me and Derek went high. I grabbed its tail pulling it back down towards me as Derek went for its head. Jackson easily maneuvered away from Derek's claws. He jumped and I lost grip of it's tail as it hoped over Derek. I pushed off the ground and went over to Derek's side. The two of us moving around it cautiously. 

He went for Derek again. Swiping his claws at him trying to eliminate the bigger threat. Using my claws I slashed into his back. He screeched, backing away from Derek to claw at me. I dodged his claws and kicked him in the belly making him stagger back. His back hit the wall giving Derek the opportunity to hit him. Derek didn't miss his shot as he stepped forward and swung with all his strength. In the last instant, Jackson dodged the second hit and Derek's fist went through the concrete slab. 

Jackson crouched down on all fours and spun around. His massive tail whipped me in the chest. For an a moment my feet left the ground. I adjusted my body for impact. My feet his the floor first and I crouched forward to try and keep my balance. I skid all the way back to a wall. It turned his attention back to Derek who picked up a an old truck door to block its attacks. With each swipe of its claw it backs Derek into a wall. I stood up rushing over to them as Derek pushed him back. 

Jackson looked back at me and jumped over me as he crawled like a lizard up the wall and onto the ceiling. Derek pushed my forward when he jumped down. I turned around as he caught its claws. I grabbed its tail again to pulled him away only for it to pushed Derek to the side. I let go when lights shined behind me. Jackson turned around and hissed at the lights. Derek grabbed my arm pulling me with him as shots were fired. 

"Argents," Derek pulled me along with him. I didn't hesitate to follow. 

"This doesn't make sense," I panted as I ran after him. "Jackson passed the test," 

"Doesn't really matter right now. We know who it is," I grabbed his hand and stopped him. He looked back at me. "Are you hurt?" 

"Derek, he's an ass hole but I grew up with him. I've known him my entire life," 

"Sky, he's not Jackson anymore," 

"That's the thing. He is Jackson. It sounds crazy but I know he's still in there. Someone is making him do those things. Maybe going after Jackson isn't the way to do this. Scott said the Kanima is looking for a friend," 

"Right now, he's going to kill someone if we don't stop him, Sky. You get that right? Some innocent idiot is about to get his body ripped open by that thing like that hunter. Let's go. We don't have time to over think it at the moment," 

"Okay," I nodded. He motioned my to follow. I turned around when I caught Stiles's scent. "Derek?" 

"What?" 

"Stiles went this way," I pointed out. He followed me as we ran over to the a crowded area. A couple of less concerning scents caught my attention. "They went in the club,"