3.23: Insatiable

James Vincent McMorrow- Look Out 

Mom is checking the Stiles that's here with us. He seems to be back to normal. His hands are moving. His erratic nervous heartbeat is back. It feels like he's here with us again. However, the instincts instilled by everything the dark kitsune has done lingers in everyone's thoughts. My body is wound up tightly and with each movement, I want nothing more than to rip my mom away from him and all she's doing is checking his vitals. I stepped aside when Scott rushed up the stairs. 

"She's here," I informed him when Scott didn't say a word. 

"Are you sure?" Scott asked me. 

"Guys, we have to do this," Stiles began to sit up. Mom moved out of the way. Scott and I went over to help him get downstairs to Kira's mom. He looks really sick or maybe really tired. When we got to our living room Mrs. Yakimura's eyes stayed on him. 

"Do you recognize me, hmm?" she asked. I held my hand out when Scott tried to stop Stiles from going over to her. 

"Stop," Kira rushed in. 

"It's okay. I'm the one that asked her to come," Stiles tried to reassure her. 

"You're the one that's going to be stabbed with swords," Kira grabbed her mom's arm. "Mom, don't do this to him," 

"It's already done," Mrs. Yakimura waved her off. 

Scott gripped my arm when one of the Oni appeared between us and Stiles. A second one appeared in front of him. I had to turn away. I know it's Stiles. From the moment he suggested we call Kira's mom. All of this is for him. He wants that reassurance. I know what it's like to not have control. To let someone else take over and not be strong enough to fight it back. It might not be the same thing but it stems from what we consider to be our weakness. The sense of power is sometimes all we need and by the time we figure out that it's been inside of us all along, it's too late. Stiles dropped to the floor and the Oni disappeared. 

"It worked," Scott looked back at me. 

"So, I'm actually me?" Stiles asked. 

"More you than the Nogitsune," Mrs. Yakimura confirmed. 

"Can the Oni find him?" he asked her. 

"Tomorrow night. It's too close to dawn now," 

"Can they kill him?" I asked. 

"It depends on how strong he is," 

"What about Lydia? Why would he take her?" Scott asked. 

"He would only take her for an advantage," she looked up at me. 

"You mean her power," I nodded. 

"The power of a banshee," 

Mrs. Yakimura and Kira left. I sat down feeling slightly less stressed out about all of this. 

"The game is almost over," I cleared my throat. 

"Are you forgetting the part where he still has Lydia?" Scott scoffed.

"He's not going to hurt her. He needs her. We have to stick together right now. It's crucial. If we're all split up, he's going to pick us off one by one. None of us are allowed to be alone until we get Lydia back," 

"What makes you so sure?" Stiles asked.

"It's a strategy I use when I'm playing PVP with Gideon and the others. When my team is down and I can't get them. I split the other team-up. Together they would obliterate me. But if I trick them into splitting up, it's easier to corner them and take them out one by one,"