꧁7꧂

21st June 1976

21st June 1976

To Rogerina

Stop.bloody.apolgising. Of course I was worried, but I don't care how long you take. As long as I know you're ok.

I get that a lot, I mean we look alike in many ways, but personality wise we are completely different. She's the confident, outgoing, sexy future model and I'm the incapable, shy and ugly future street beggar.

I'm glad Freddie likes her, and that they are getting along. Yes, she is very very self obsessed. She's infuriating, but she's my big sister and I love her anyway. Some days though, ugh, it's difficult.

My exams went fucking terribly. Seriously, I'm screwed. How much more revision do I need to do to actually start understanding anything? Charlotte can rock up to any test without any preparation and get like 99% while I revise for 24 hours straight and barely get above 20%. I wish I could be this golden girl that you talk about.

You don't need to thank me, and I will never pressure you into telling me anything. Just know I'm going to support you. No rush on the demo, it'll be worth the wait.

Please look after yourself
Hugs
Angel Ava

➪➪➪➪➪➪

28th June 1976

Hello my angel

I'm really proud of myself, I've managed to find time to write back and record that demo. I know you asked for Doing Alright, but I've actually written my own song. Ha, it's hilariously unlikely isn't it? I got inspiration reading your last letter and seeing how much you put yourself down. I wrote this song to remind you of a simple thing in life that might help.

It really hurt me to read those things you said about yourself. I can't believe you really believe any of that when you are actually AMAZING. You have become one of the most important people in my life very quickly, and that's only through letters. You give me purpose and you give me strength. That's why you're my golden girl, not because of any academia or talent, just you.

Charlotte is great, but you are an angel.

I'm sending you the song demo as well as lots of other songs I recorded. It's just a little mixtape of all my favourites, but I think you'll like them too. Consider it a thank you gift, a thank you for being my friend.

Hope you like it, because you deserve it!
Hugs
Rogerina
P.S don't forget to smile

All the songs here, imagine in Rogers voice obviously
Idk if they were all released before 1976 but go with it, they're deliberately picked out
Clearly Smile is much later, but it's so beautiful, and the fact he wrote it for her how cute
Lots of love xxx