6 - Guilty?

Ashley
I've been waiting for nearly an hour to be taken up to the stand, every time I hear a clang of metal my heart begins to race. I'm really not looking forward to this, but I really want to get it done. The metal clangs once more and I don't look up in fear that it will finally be my time.

"Miss Fleihr, it's time."

My heart was trying to beat out of my chest as I stood, I was escorted up the stairs and into the stand. I looked around and saw, Joe, my parents, the twins, Krisi, Colby and Becky. I began to feel slightly relieved then realised I have no chance of walking free like Becky. I was being attacked, every question was damn right outrageous. I answered every question with honesty, some questions I swear didn't even have anything to do with the trail and Randy's lawyer just asked them to get under my skin. I take a sip of my water, as I watch Becky step into the witness stand. She starts telling the court about what happened that night and why I did what I did. Our story's were practically the same so surely the jury would be able to see that we're telling the truth. The courthouse lady, thanked Becky for her contribution and then let the jury have two hours to deliberate. I know my case is really serious but do they really need to have two hours. I saw the horror in Becky's face, as I was grabbed and pulled back down to the holding cell. Not long after the door opened once more and Lily was standing there.

"How do you think my case is going?"

"Oh honey I've heard what the jury have to say. I'm very sorry."

"Isn't there anything you can do?"

"No, I'm done helping you. You deserve to go down for the rest of your life."

"Lily?"

"The only reason I helped you in the first place was to get Randy's son."

"What?!?"

"I hope you rot in jail."

"Real classy."

"Oh let me show you class."

I was faced with a right hook, I could taste the blood already building in my mouth. I quickly spat it out so it wouldn't get on my clothes. I stood up and went to call for an officer when she punched me once more. This time I walked up to the wall and successfully called for an officer, she grabbed me and swung me into the bars which killed my back.

"Go to hell bitch."

Footsteps began to get louder so she got one last slap in before slinking away into the darkness.

"Fliehr what happened?"

"Lily Orton."

"Okay, I don't think your in a fit enough state to continue today's trial. Maybe we should postpone it until you don't look like you've beaten yourself up."

"No! Please I need to know whether I'm going down. Check the security footage if you don't believe me."

"Right just let us clean up your wounds."

The officer grabbed a first aid kit and started to clean my cuts, it stung like hell. Another officer grabbed me a clean shirt, they didn't have anymore black jackets so I'm going back out in a pink one. Luckily my trousers are clean, so I don't have to change into pink ones too.

Lily
I knew I had to get rid of the security footage but luckily for me, I am an officer so I have a keycard. I briskly walked up to the security cam room, I swiped my card and the door light flashed red. I tried again but my phone began to ring, it was my leading officer so of course I answered.

"Lily Orton, you just couldn't help yourself! Could you?"

"What?"

"I can see every place you use your key card mind. 1 attempt to get into the courthouse security room, oh and also going down to the jail cell. A bit suspicious don't you think."