23 - Breathing

Colby
I know something is not right, all the power has gone off and everyone is hiding. I have heard screams and now I'm prettified that whatever this is has killed Becky, I need to get to her but I know it's not safe I've tried ringing Ashley, Krisi and Joe but I haven't got a single answer. I cannot hear anyone nearby so I decide to make a run for it, my shoulder was hurting as I ran down the corridor I went to turn down to the maternity unit but I heard a scream and a shadow coming round the corner, I slipped behind the vending machines and waited until whoever it was passed. I looked out I saw it was Randy, I know exactly why he's here. He wants revenge he may even want to kill Rebecca, I know I have to get to her before he does I slid back out from behind the vending machines I went to start running but I bumped into a mop causing it to clatter against the ground. I heard the squeak of Randy's shoes and I know I have to sprint because if I don't he will kill me. It is my fault that we found Rebecca and I know he's pissed about that, also his sister got killed in the process but knowing what the Orton's are like she probably isn't dead. I ran down the corridor and I could hear him gaining on me. I turned down a corridor and saw Ashley's necklace covered in blood. I had no time to stop and look, all I know is she's dropped her necklace. I ran into the stairwell and locked the door behind me, I heard him ripping the door open and I knew I had to hide. I pushed the closest door open and shut it behind me, I was desperately trying to slow my breathing. I heard Randy come to halt outside my door, I saw his shadow creeping closer. I held my breath completely, i could feel myself sweating and needing to breathe. He grunted before running back up the stairs.

"I'll get you soon ROLLINS!"

I let out a breath and I heard him stop.

"I can hear you..."

His footsteps got closer to the door, I don't have a clue of how to get out of this situation.

"I'm so so close, say your goodbyes Rollins."

I pulled back even further, I saw his feet stop right outside the door. I know he has a knife so I need to be careful.

"Are you ready?"

I heard the click of the door and I saw Randy, I knew the only thing I could do was punch him. I could tell I'd startled him because he stumbled backwards, he cracked his jaw before looking at me with a look Becky described to me once. It's almost as if you can see the poison behind his eyes, it's truly quite scary. He swung for me and I dodged, uppercutting him in the process. Every time I hit him his eyes got darker and more filled with hate, I have to startle him so I can get away.

"You think your so clever, punching me? Are you kidding? Forget I had a knife!"

He pulled it out of his side pocket and I swallowed, as I suspected he lunged for me and it narrowly missed me. I could hear him laughing sadistically and it made me feel sick to my stomach.

"Come on the Rollins let me see what you've got!"

He tossed the knife aside and kept his eyes trained on me in the process.

"It's better breaking you like this anyway."

Narrator
Randy charged at Colby once more this time making a hard connection with the side of his face, he's was hardly standing with one hit. He desperately scrambled across the floor to try and grab the knife but Randy was already there.

"Now what do you think your doing? Thought this was meant to be a fair match?"

He laughed in his face as if he wasn't toying with his life, he held the knife close to his face barely cutting it.

"See this is what I'm gonna do to my buttercup when I find her, make her face so unrecognisable you will never be able to find her."

He dragged the knife against his face once more leaving a deeper gash, this time Colby used the steps to push himself backwards out of Randy's grasp, when he went to grab him Randy he received a vicious boot to the face, giving Colby the exact break he needed to escape.