30 - Goodbye

Becky
It's been a week since we had Seth, tonight is our first night home. I haven't heard Seth cry all night, I think it's best I check on him he'll be due a feed too. I walked down the hall and into his nursery, I saw Colby sitting there holding him to his bare chest.

"Hey."

"Did he wake you?"

"Was just coming to feed him."

"Oh okay."

He yawned before standing up from the rocking chair.

"Have you been here all night?"

"Every time I've gone to leave Seth started crying, so I've just stayed with him."

He placed Seth in my arms and luckily he didn't start crying.

"Think he's afraid to be alone."

"Will you bring a sleeping bag from our bedroom, I'll stay with him tonight."

"Are you sure your up to it?"

"Yes, I'm gonna be laying on the floor sleeping, Sure I'll be fine."

He walked away and I took off my top, I placed him onto my chest and he latched on. I wrapped his favourite blanket around us,  I just rocked back and for.

"Here."

He placed the sleeping bag and a pillow on the ground.

"He's still so small."

"The more I feed him the bigger he will get."

"You're doing an amazing job, he adores you."

"Colby, don't go."

"I wasn't going to."

"Please don't leave me ever again."

"Hey what's brought this on?"

Tears were flowing down my face as he walked over to me.

"Becks look at me, I'm not going anywhere. You've got me and Seth always, I'll never leave you."

"Please don't go."

"I'm not, I love you both so much. I'm never gonna leave."

"Stay with me tonight?"

"Of course, I'm just going to get a sleeping bag."

I don't know what just came over me, I guess it's just a combination of exhaustion and sadness. He came back with a sleeping bag and put it on the floor alongside mine.

"I'm never gonna leave ever again, if something happens we deal with it together."

"Together."

He kissed the top of my head and took Seth off me to burp him and put him to bed.

Colby
"Becks you mean the world to me, I'm not gonna leave you again."

She nodded her head and laid on the floor alongside me, I pulled her close to me so she could snuggle into my side. I moved some of the hair out of her face.

"I'm sorry for getting upset."

"Don't be, it's okay."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

I woke up the next morning with a bad back, I made my way downstairs and saw my wife asleep with my baby on the couch. I scooped Seth into my arms and bounced him lightly, I noticed Becky start to stir so I sat down alongside her.