29 - Welcome little one

Colby
Becky is screaming so loud, begging for me to somehow make the pain go away. I wish I could, I wish I could stop her from hurting but I can't.

"Colby I think I see the head. How far away are we?"

"2 minutes."

"Go up to the speed limit and you'll make it in one."

She grabbed onto the car door as the next contraction happened, I drove a little faster but I heard a little cry. I pulled into the lay-by and looked across at Becky who had our little baby on her lap.

"Colby it's a boy."

She was shaking as she held him.

"He's so tiny..."

"But so loud."

She smiled down at him and my heart fluttered, they both look so perfect.

"Do you want me to drive?"

"Yeah we need to get him checked out."

I didn't want to take my eyes of either of them but I had to, I pulled out and drove to the hospital. Becky sent me inside while she sat there waiting with him.

"Can I help you sir?"

"Yes my wife just gave birth on the way here."

"Oh, I'll call up to the maternity ward. Can she walk?"

"I don't think so, she says it hurts a lot."

"Okay Wait there."

She called upstairs and not long after some midwifes came down, I took them over to Becky who now had our little boy resting on her chest.

"Right hello Becky, how are you feeling?"

"Great, really great."

"I'm just gonna cut the umbilical cord now so we can get you both all cleaned up."

They started to clean our little baby and Becky, they then asked me to lift her into the wheelchair so they could take her upstairs.

"He's so perfect Colby."

"I know, must get it from his mother."

I wheeled her chair upstairs and into the maternity ward, they put him in the incubator just because he was born early and is too small. I can see Becky is hurting because all she wants to do is hold him but she can't.

"So what are we gonna name our little pancake?"

"Seth."

"Seth Knox Lopez."

She smiled up at me and I kissed her forehead, she put her hand inside the incubator and spoke gently.

"Hello Seth, Welcome little one."

*30 minutes later*

Becky
I heard her before I saw her, I looked out of the window's in the door and saw my mother arguing with a midwife. I slowly waddled over to the door and opened it.

"She's with me."

The midwife smiled and let my mother past.

"Honey you shouldn't be standing!"

"It was either that or you would've been dragged out of here by hospital security."

I made my way back over to the chair and she came in slowly.

"So?"

"Well he had a strange entrance, but he's here now."

"He?"