26 - Hurt

Becky
I'm thirty weeks pregnant and Colby still hasn't come back, he hasn't contacted anyone and I'm scared that he doesn't want me anymore. That he's moved on even though I'm still his wife. I've had to do the nursery by myself, it's been kicking me all day today and I've been talking to it. They're the only company I have right now, Joe and Ashley are busy, Colby is god knows where, Holly is moving back to Iowa and Krisi, well Krisi's gone. It'll only be Luis, my baby and I.

*knock knock*

I'm not expecting anyone but I go to answer the door, I open it and see Galina on the other side. She looks terrified and I feel my heart pace quicken.

"Colby rung..."

"And?"

"He's okay, he told me not to tell you but I can't do that to you."

"What?"

"He's living in 96 in the birch street apartment block."

"Why's he living there?"

"I don't know but please don't tell him I told you."

"Can you watch Luis for me."

"Of course."

I sidestepped so she could come inside while she was settling in I grabbed my coat off the hooks before leaving. I need to see Colby, I'm not confident that I'll make it full term so I need him. I can't put any more pressure on Ashley or Joe or Galina, it's not fair. I need my husband back and I'm not gonna stop until he's back home safe. Birch block is only a twenty minute drive from my house so I get there pretty quickly. I take a moment to sike myself up before going inside. I feel like I'm going on my first date, not going to see my broken husband. I start going up the stairwell and feel even more sick and even more nervous the further up I get. I finally reach his door and I can feel myself shaking as I knock on the door.

"Pauline let yourself in, you know where the key is. Under the mat!"

I froze, trying not to let my anger get the best of me I carefully grabbed the key from under the mat, I swung the door open and saw him. He didn't look broken, he looked happier then ever. This just made my blood boil, he looked up and his face fell. I am really this much of a disappointment to see.

"Rebecca how'd-."

"Rebecca? I'm Becks to you!"

"Becky, no."

"What do you mean no? I'm supposed to be your wife, I'm pregnant with you kid."

"Nope!"

"Colby I'm being serious."

"So am I."

"What's gotten into you, I need you right now."

"And where were you when I needed you Rebecca, huh?"

I've got to admit that did sting a little, but I did try to be with him but he ran away!

"Maybe I would've been able to help if you didn't run away!"

"I lost my sister!"

"I lost her too, just because I'm not related by blood doesn't mean I don't feel that pain too. It's just I've adsorbed it and got on with things like I always do and always have done."

"Don't start with your poor little Becky routine on me, okay I get it Randy beat the shit out of you but maybe you deserved it!"

"You don't mean that..."

"I mean every word, so you better get used to it!"

"What has happened to you? Where's the man that I fell in love with? He was a kindhearted person with all the ambitions in the world and he was obsessed with flowers but this version of you is just cold and bitter. Not my husband!"