28 - Strange feelings

Becky
It's been a week since Colby came home, we've spoken a little but he's mainly kept his distance from me. I know he needs time to adjust so I'm not gonna push him, I'm just glad he's home. Joe's been in and out of the hospital a lot more recently, he's got sick again but they caught it relatively early so he's getting treatments and they seem to be working. Ashley has been upset or stressed a lot but she doesn't want to put it on Joe so she's been coming over lots, we went and worked out in the gym and just got everything off our chests.

"Hey."

Colby spoke and it shocked me, I turn and see his face is all red and puffy.

"Hey."

"I'm sorry Rebecca. I know I've been a terrible husband and a terrible dad."

"Your not going to be a terrible father, our little one will be lucky to have you. Yes you haven't been the best husband but we're working on it."

His eyes looks so sad, I just want to hold him and tell him everything's alright.

"I feel like I've failed you..."

"No you haven't, look at me. I love you."

He looked taken aback, like he wasn't expecting it.

"Really? After everything I told you?"

"Yes, I've always loved you Colby. I wish you could see how much I adore you, when I saw Pauline I knew I was gonna have to force myself to not love you. But I can't, you are my soulmate."

"I love you too, I know everything has been bumpy and crazy but all I want is to be good to you."

"I know, I know."

"I needed to work through some things on my own before I came and spoke to you. Pauline made me feel worthless, she made me hate myself-...made me hate you."

He grabbed my hand and looked into my eyes.

"But she could never I love you too much. She said what an awful wife you must have been, she got in my head but I never thought that. All I wanted was to be back at your side."

"You're home now, I'm home now we're both safe."

I took a step towards him and he took one towards me, my eyes met his gaze and we stood there just staring at each other.

"Becks-."

"Shhhhh."

Every time I got closer so did he until our lips met, I pulled him close to me and kissed him like it was the only thing I had left. I didn't move away, I stayed in his embrace just taking it all in.

"I want to make up for all the things I did wrong..."

"Well you can start by washing the dishes."

I smirked at him and he pulled away and started to wash the dishes.

"Did you just let them pile up, did you even wash them at all?"

"Couldn't be bothered, had too much to do."

"Sorry."

"It's okay, you're making up for it now."

I sat on the counter and just washed him clean the mountain of dishes, I smiled to myself as my hand brushed across my lips. The kiss felt right, like we were meant to do it. I felt butterflies in my stomach when he kissed me, the more I think of the kiss the more flustered I became.

"All done! You alright Becks you look a little red."

"Yeah I'm good, just thinking."

"About?"