Chapter 11

Rachel's Thoughts

Boy's Thoughts and telepathic dialogue

"dialogue between characters"

Dean POV

"Dean." She says as she opens her eyes meeting mine. Her eyes look greener in this light. She has a permanent blush on her cheeks now that I have been able to be around her night and day. She looks at me expectantly. Did I miss something? She just said my name.

"I choose you." She explains and guilty looks down at her drink in her lap.

What? She picked me? I can't help the questions running through my head. I see Theo kiss her on the forehead and rub her back reassuringly as Cas does the same to her legs. A smile breaks out on my face as she peaks up at Theo who nods, she turns to Cas and he nods and winks at her. Finally she turns her gaze to me and takes in my smile and I see her visibly relax.

"Thank you little one." I tell her reaching across Cas to grab her hand. I run my thumb over the back of her hand and squeeze slightly. She smiles at me and nods.

"We should probably get ready for dinner. Do you know where we are going?" Theo asks her. She shakes her had and releases my hand while pulling her legs from Cas, who reluctantly lets her go after a moment and a warning glare from her. She makes me laugh at how well she handles him.

"I'll call my parents and ask real quick." She stands up and moves to the bedroom to call them.

"So, ground rules. Dean is the only one to kiss her on the lips in public. We can do forehead or cheek, but we need to not over do it. Unless she initiates contact, we should try to keep our hands to ourselves. Try not to call her pet names. Does everyone understand?" Theo directs the rules at Cas. Who looks upset by the passive aggressive accusation. I know full well he is going to have the hardest time with this.

Rachel walks back in, "We are going to this place by my parents house. We have an hour to get ready. I'm going to shower real quick and then you guys can if you need to." She finishes as she is already walking to the bedroom trying to leave us as quick as possible.

I hear the shower start and let out a small sigh. I don't want her to feel bad, this is the best option for right now. I tell myself. There is a faint knock in the door and Theo gets up to answer it. As he opens the door I notice James standing there with another bag of clothes.

Theo thanks him and takes the bag. "Here are some clothes for tonight." He says as he hands Cas and I new clothes. I hear the shower turn off and in a minute Rachel walks out in a towel.

"Showers open."

Theo walks over and kisses her on the forehead and continues walking to the bedroom to take his shower.

She stands there shifting her weight from foot to foot nervously.

"Baby girl what's wrong?" Cas asks her upset by her behavior.

She looks up at him nervously and says, "Are you mad?" with a quiver in her voice.

He quickly stands up and strides over to her pulling her into his arms. "No, I could never be mad at you! We asked you to make a choice that must feel impossible. We are still mates in every sense. We are pretending for your family so they can slowly adjust to our way of life. Baby please believe me I am ok with you picking Dean." He rubs her hair as he desperately tries to reassure her.

"Besides this means I get to kiss you more at home, right?" He cracks a joke. She lets out a giggle and looks up at him. Faster than he can think, she pulled his head down and kissed him fiercely.