Chapter Part 24

Rachel's Thoughts

Boy's Thoughts and telepathic dialogue

"dialogue between characters"

Cas POV

I suddenly wake up to a sharp pain stabbing my stomach. I pull back and look at my stomach, but nothing is there. Then another wave hits me and almost knocks the wind out of me. Fuck this hurts. I see Dean and Theo are awake and as confused and panicked as I feel.

I hear a whimper come from my mate as she is still asleep and she folds in on herself in fetal position between the three of us.

It's coming from her? Dean asks confused as he looks up at me and Theo with a worried expression as he holds his stomach.

What the fuck is it? It feels like someone is stabbing me. Theo grunts as another wave hits us.

Her eyes open after the last wave and she looks up at us panicked. Her brow is furrowed, and she is taking deep breathes to try and help the pain. Her hands are holding her stomach tightly.

"Baby what do you need? What's wrong?" I ask my voice full of worry. I reach down and smooth her hair back from her face.

Take me to the bathroom and run a Bath. I need clothes too. She links me as another wave comes in this time sharper, but suddenly it stops. I pick her up and head to the bathroom and set her down on the floor as I start the tub for her.

Grab her some comfy clothes and bring them in here. I send Theo. Rachel stands and gets in the tub. She sinks down in the water and looks blankly at the wall.

"Baby, are you ok? What's wrong?" I ask as I kneel down by the tub and stroke her hair. Dean and Theo come in with clothes and extra towels. Both look as worried as I feel before they can kneel down next to me, she says.

"I'm fine, please just leave the room." Her voice was full of embarrassment as she lowers her head to her knees that are pulled up her chest.

"No, your kidding right? You're not fine, it feels like someone is stabbing you." I practically scream at her. I can't figure out why she is lying to us. I feel a wave of embarrassment through the link and she won't look at me.

"Just leave." She says in a small voice. Before I could argue Dean lifts me up and carries me out. Theo shuts the door behind us.

"What the hell?" I ask him furious.

"Cas she wants to be alone, leave her alone for a few minutes. We will know if something is wrong with her." Dean tells me putting his hands on my shoulders trying to soothe me.

"We won't because she is blocking the pain from us." I yell at him. Both of their faces look at me full of surprise. Great, they hadn't figured it out yet, she is filtering her emotions to us.

"I'm calling the Doctor." Theo says as he storms out of the room.

Dean sits next to me on the bed as I put my head in my hands and feel the tears threatening to leave my eyes. "I just want to help her. Why can't she see that?" I tell him, my voice breaking. My wolf is clawing at my insides to tear down the bathroom door and hold my mate. I'm half tempted to do as he wishes.

"I know Cas. My wolf wants to protect her and help her, but I have to listen to her words. She says she needs space, so I need to give it to her." He tells me as he rubs my back trying to calm me.

"The doctor will be here in five minutes." Theo says gruffly as he comes back in the room. He paces the room like a caged animal. I hear the water turn off and her lean back into it. I try to focus my wolf on her deep breathes, but every time she stops breathing as another way of pain hits her, he only whines in my head more.